It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
With this Xeon 2.66 GHz quad core I can get viruses faster than a Chaska ladies' auxiliary swap meet anyway.

orange

Tagline
Drunken Mice and other juicy tidbits

I was going to type something but how many times am I going to try to get the page to send only to have it reset after hanging?

orange

Tagline
I guess the Computer was used at National Review and is editing me.

orange

Tagline
I haven't got a PSU on that one.

I've got $20 I owe to pay back before I get a new mouse, and I had a 22-year old SERIAL mouse that didn't do this.

I didn't have these problems here for quite a while, until the last upgrade. WordPress and Disqus don't have this problem anymore (or I haven't used them since I got 7) and Bike Forums doesn't do it either (they have much the same version of vB).

Drunken mice.

I've got a CD of John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers' Crusade I got for 99 cents at the thrift store yesterday and it's getting really hard to find CDs and cassettes vs LPs there now.

If I ever find the damned CD/DVD drive on this Dell. EDIT: IF WINDOWS ever...

I have to pull this off line and see if the drive cable is still connected/

Oh well, I can get the blues with blue meters.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I haven't got a PSU on that one.

I've got $20 I owe to pay back before I get a new mouse, and I had a 22-year old SERIAL mouse that didn't do this.

I didn't have these problems here for quite a while, until the last upgrade. WordPress and Disqus don't have this problem anymore (or I haven't used them since I got 7) and Bike Forums doesn't do it either (they have much the same version of vB).

Drunken mice.

If I ever find the damned CD/DVD drive on this Dell. EDIT: IF WINDOWS ever...
The reason I was asking about browser was to narrow dow nthe issue to the browser or to the computer in general.

What type of mouse are you looking for?

What Dell doesn't have a cd/dvd drive?

orange

Tagline
Oh, I may have disconnected it when I last had it opened looking for a floppy drive connection. The power connection (molex) is on it but it's not shown in Computer.

It's my doofus thing. You said you might have a USB floppy drive 7 recognized as the one I have doesn't have a proper driver in 7.

I'm not into politics. They can all hang over wherever. I don't give a flying fork. I like cassettes and bikes and stereos. I'll have to shut down and come back later in my own thread.

orange

Tagline
One that actually works. I have more problems with I/O than making out and this is just wrong. I'll get the cable back on.

orange

Tagline
Put it in it's getting late where it belongs please and I sent you an email already. The drive doesn't register, period.

I told you I would go back to that thread.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I cant remember for sure with the dell, but I think you need to go into the bios and refresh it for it to pickup on any hardware changes.

We dont move many post around here but I don't want to gunk up the political thread with computer talk, or is it the other way around.

orange

Tagline
now, if you'll get that fragment here where it belongs...

I'm thinking IDE-less sucks/

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Check the cables both data and power.
Check the cables both data and power. Also does the device show up in bios that would be the first thing that you should check. I"t it isn't in bios the you have a cable or ower cable problem. there are thrre sata ports if I remember correctly. Move the DVd drive to the open one and then check in bios for the device.

If I were you I would quit opening computer cases cause everytime oyu do something goes wrong.

orange

Tagline
Nope-the driver finally loaded and I am listening to Could I Be Your Girl from the old Jann Arden CD Living Under June.

orange

Tagline
That was about time, it's only been that way for a long time.

Let's RIP.

orange

Tagline
Okay, that works. It's not a browser problem.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
What type off mouse do you need? USB or PS2. I think I have a few 2.4 ghz wireless mice here too. I'll go through some computer parts boxes when I get a chance. I'll look for the the usb floppy if I still have it too. I purged a bunch of floppy stuff a few months back so not sure it is still around but they sell them on ebay for $10

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I don't really know...it's not a permanent thing anyhow, comes and goes...I've cleared the cache and that doesn't really solve it.

No mouse change, computer change or much else seem to cure that.

That 300 watt PS was nice but I would wonder now even if I could replace that fan. Those aren't just sitting around this town either...those that need parts are being helped as much as the computer repair shops can right now *that means there are others with stuff needed and I would be hogging that.

As for the MPC's GeForce power issue, I haven't opened it up to either remove a hard drive or find it more power YET (I had bills and groceries to deal with and MORE SLEEP than I've been getting, at better hours).

Now, I've spent god knows how much time anymore taking an abrupt crash course in 'modern' computers and such in the midst of more s### that the city moves through pipes in a day going on all at once, which is probably GOOD.

Windows is Windows and I don't have a *^&*&#($ clue how Linux does all that YET. It's ELEGANT/PRETTY though. I could see if that Linux drive will migrate to the SATA-1 position...it COULD go in the spot where the 'floppy bay' would have been and the molex power connector already conveniently in that spot will be right where it needs to be. I'm still left with only ONE IDE hard drive unless an ATA card will work on a PCI slot. THAT one is an ATA100 (100 MHz) so I'm not so sure.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Steve I have been around some people who just should not touch electronic devices, something in their Aura.......