It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
That 350 W PSU is still running as cool as Arthur Fonzerelli, so I think we can call the old one BAD.

Onward and upward.

orange

Tagline
I have great news! Valerie, Delia and Vera are all back together and running without any hassles. The Dimension 2350 will get a new download of AVG Free too and then it's time to find video cards and some more PC3200 DDR and get the dual core and Asus going with SOMETHING. Buttoning up soon.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I have great news! Valerie, Delia and Vera are all back together and running without any hassles. The Dimension 2350 will get a new download of AVG Free too and then it's time to find video cards and some more PC3200 DDR and get the dual core and Asus going with SOMETHING. Buttoning up soon.

That is good news.

orange

Tagline
I'm still ironing the kinks out trying to get the secondary IDE going and the D: isn't there yet but I GOT THE FLOPPY DRIVE WORKING (with a different cable, drive)...AND I JUST POSTED FROM IT.

orange

Tagline
No sticky mouse thing either...and I need to find the drivers for the Sound Blaster Live card (multimedia).

I was incredibly tired when I quit this morning and now I have a lot of stuff to pick up (and take to estimate) when I get to the post office Monday.

AVG is up again and fully updated so I'll see if I left Spybot alone...yes, it needs updating too.

orange

Tagline
Well yes/no/yes again...

I had a blue screen and a fit from the 7800GTX in MPC Delia again...I finally was able to figure out what to do I HOPE...

Scandivanian Computer Surgery

aka I finally located a gender changer in my stuff to allow me to use the supplemental molex on the MB.

We'll try THAT...

Scalpel, nurse

Hemostat

Sponge

(On MPC Valerie)

Attachments

orange

Tagline
WELL...

I got the Dimension back on both hard drives and the floppy drive but the DVD-R/RW has got to be replaced and the other CD-R/RW drive is probably TOAST but I have it back for the most part.

orange

Tagline
I'm going to swap more IDE cables...I keep losing F: (320 GB) and I need to get back to a Win 7 machine and install my word processor suite on Vera.

orange

Tagline
OKAY.

I have on of the lines on the MB molex and the other on a PS line with NO OTHER LOADS (it was completely empty). Just for fits and wiggles I found the correct audio line from the Pioneer CD/DVD drive to the board. If THAT doesn't eventually work I'm not going to use it until I get one on it that likes the PSU. I'll probably put the dual core back together and wait for an OS. Until I learn what the password for the GDebian or whatever download to install AVG Free it's not just going to Linux. I have to have AV protection.

Bedtime now.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Delia is running an online here at the moment and so far not a complaint from the 7800 GTX. Cross fingers, toes and bow legs. :wave:

orange

Tagline
A little more testing and I think Delia will go to work in the bedroom A/V system.

orange

Tagline
I've often found it's the other way around...don't use it a while and it gets lonely and wants to work.