Rocking the free upgrade to Windows 10

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I remember the Boy Scouts' motto was Be Prepared or something so on the way to the camp they put rocks in my pack, had a contest to see who could pee the farthest of the side of the road into a ravine and even after the Playboys and cards were confiscated managed to make the Girl Scout leader so mad she wanted to kill our scoutmaster.

Needless to say I wasn't there long.

orange

Tagline
Actually it's tomorrow morning but I still have $8 for PARTY.

I"M GOING IN..

Valerie's in OS surgery.

MVC-009S.JPG

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Slept in for being up all night again and I'm officially upgrading now.

orange

Tagline
To make a long set of pictures shorter...

MVC-041S.JPG MVC-044S.JPG It runs my really old copy of Word Perfect 11 that Microsoft said would not work!

Oh HELL YES...I've used WP since DOS 4.2 or 4.3 and that's a lot of stuff I don't have to worry about (including the Christmas projects)!

orange

Tagline
it's VALERIE, Web. MPC ClientPro 365, 3.20 GHz Hyperthreading Pentium 4 (turned off in BIOS).

Valeries innards.jpg

I believe it's all PC3200, two 512s and 2 1024s.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
It stumbles just a little right now in IE, perhaps I should let it update and also turn the hyperthreading back on.

orange

Tagline
I did get a warning about SPD (Serial Presence Detection) during my restart after changing the BIOS settings, said it would go to 333MHZ by default (all my RAM is 400 MHz). I'm online with it right now and getting it set up, went to Yesfans just now.

Now I'm going to have to find my scanner power supply and see what I can do with it (HP Scanjet 5400C) and if that works I will be extremely happy.

This latest installation was from the 16 GB USB thumb drive you sent me and I loaded Home and Pro update version from. IIRC the other MPC has Pro?

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
This latest installation was from the 16 GB USB thumb drive you sent me and I loaded Home and Pro update version from. IIRC the other MPC has Pro?
You loaded the os, so only you will know? Go to control panel/system and it should tell you what flavor of os you have installed.

orange

Tagline
Alison and Valerie. I'd take a picture but the battery is charging. I have a few other things to photograph for the site today...