Rocking the free upgrade to Windows 10

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I have vintage software that I still use daily (like my word processor) and that wasn't going to work well, if at all plus it really wasn't that much of an 'upgrade' at all in my eyes for all of the hassles with getting peripherals and graphics etc to work with it...the automatic updating meant that manufacturers stopped trying to issue drivers for older cards and devices and I'm not rich enough to just chuck stuff. So I installed a GWX blocker on all my computers and rode the storm out. I will likely die before I need to do this again...hell with it.

My favorite versions of Windows were 2000 and XP until I got 7.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
I'm with you I liked XP and 7 but my new computer came with windows 8.. it's ok but I like the older ones better I to installed GWX
on the windows 8 pute and my win 7 pute as well... I just don't like the idea of those bastards tracking me all over the place bad enough we have NSA and cameras all over the place

I have vintage software that I still use daily (like my word processor) and that wasn't going to work well, if at all plus it really wasn't that much of an 'upgrade' at all in my eyes for all of the hassles with getting peripherals and graphics etc to work with it...the automatic updating meant that manufacturers stopped trying to issue drivers for older cards and devices and I'm not rich enough to just chuck stuff. So I installed a GWX blocker on all my computers and rode the storm out. I will likely die before I need to do this again...hell with it.

My favorite versions of Windows were 2000 and XP until I got 7.