Resurrected a Customized WOPL 400

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
With no outputs in, no fuses blowing, the bulb should be dark. The cycling you are talking about is the recharging of the main caps. If the +/- 15 voltage is good, and the backplane fuses are good , I don't think there is anything wrong...

scottonnob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Yeah, dah, of course. Now I understand. There are two fuses on each board. On both boards, the top fuse has continuity, but not the bottom. The bottom has no continuity.

scottonnob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
With no outputs in, no fuses blowing, the bulb should be dark. The cycling you are talking about is the recharging of the main caps. If the +/- 15 voltage is good, and the backplane fuses are good , I don't think there is anything wrong...
My other problem, however, is that the relay isn't working.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
A blown backplane fuse could cause the relay not to work. Check DC offset next time it's turned on...

scottonnob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
From the bias test points on the board, to the respective + speaker posts I get open circuit. Nothing. On the top +15v point, I get +15v. On the bottom -15v point, I get 1.4v. Also, I'm not getting any voltage to the leads that provide power to the meter light-fuses.

scottonnob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
From the bias test points on the board, to the respective + speaker posts I get open circuit. Nothing. On the top +15v point, I get +15v. On the bottom -15v point, I get 1.4v. Also, I'm not getting any voltage to the leads that provide power to the meter light-fuses.
Sorry, 0 offset, both channels.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
With the relay out, youre not going to get anything from the speaker posts, you'll have to test from the "out" test point on the backplane. Check rail voltage on the top of the backplanes also...

scottonnob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
With the relay out, youre not going to get anything from the speaker posts, you'll have to test from the "out" test point on the backplane. Check rail voltage on the top of the backplanes also...
Okay, one more time. Be right back.

scottonnob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
From GND, TP3 to OUT on the backplane boards, I'm getting, believe it or not, left 66.8vdc, right 12.94vdc.