Record Stores... Whats your latest buy?

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Last weekend I picked up The Transplants - In A Warzone, and another copy of Big Sugar's RPM, as requested from a friend.

This weekend I picked up Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Big Moon Ritual, and as a bday present for my brother a newly released soundboard bootleg of Zeppelin from 69 - Before The West Was Won.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
The bootleg soundboard issue of "Before The West Was Won!" I am interested in that one. I will be taking a look for it in the vinyl stand.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Im sure after I've given it to Rob, Nando, he would let me run off a copy to send to you. Would you prefer an MD or Cassette copy Nando?

Elite-ist

Staff member
MiniDisc would be my choice, Ben. It's an easier way to get the formatting done without much trouble. Thanks for offering. I will be mailing out your mix tape this afternoon. I completed the recording a couple of days ago, but hadn't listened through it all until Friday.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
This weeks buys were

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, and Iron Maiden - Peace of Mind Pic disc re issue.

Also my buddy I picked up the Big Sugar LP for, gave me an original Megadeth - So Far So Good So What lp in exchange for the Sugar.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Todays HMV score was Metallica - Through The Never 3lp set.

After using my points collected, this came to just over 20 dollars.

Nick Danger

This weeks buys were

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, and Iron Maiden - Peace of Mind Pic disc re issue.

Also my buddy I picked up the Big Sugar LP for, gave me an original Megadeth - So Far So Good So What lp in exchange for the Sugar.
Are you going to spin the Maiden picture disc?

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Yes have a few times already. Im up to 4 of the 8 pic disc re releases now. Still need Iron Maiden, Powerslave, Live After Death, and Number Of The Beast. Beast will be the last to get as I already have a Canadian pressing from back in the day.

Nick Danger

Yes have a few times already. Im up to 4 of the 8 pic disc re releases now. Still need Iron Maiden, Powerslave, Live After Death, and Number Of The Beast. Beast will be the last to get as I already have a Canadian pressing from back in the day.
Very nice! I have the first 4 albums, well five if you count Maiden Japan, all original or early pressings. I did pick up the S/ T and Killers on picture disc as well. Hope to record the originals onto an open reel tape shortly.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
This weekend I picked up

Soundgarden - Screaming Life/Fopp and Ultramega OK, Rancid - Lets go, And Zeppelin - One More Night Live At South Hampton.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Very nice! I have the first 4 albums, well five if you count Maiden Japan, all original or early pressings. I did pick up the S/ T and Killers on picture disc as well. Hope to record the originals onto an open reel tape shortly.
I think I am up to about 60 original different Iron Maiden pressings from the US, Canadian and UK between regular releases, 12" eps, UK promo picture discs and promo lps/eps. Got a few Japanese ones too. Also secured a 2lp bootleg set from Manchester UK show in the early 80s. I see stuff I still need to complete the original releases but I will probably stay away from the new stuff unless it's a new studio release, just not enough room LOL

Main one on my hitlist is an original Soundhouse Tapes record

Northwinds

Tagline
I got a sealed US 1st press Dream Theater - Images and Words red/gold swirled set hand numbered of 500 coming from a friend who is part owner of Brookvale Records!!! They unearthed a few really low number copies and he is hooking me up with the lowest number!!! I can't wait to see what it is, that would kickass if it's #1

Nick Danger

I think I am up to about 60 original different Iron Maiden pressings from the US, Canadian and UK between regular releases, 12" eps, UK promo picture discs and promo lps/eps. Got a few Japanese ones too. Also secured a 2lp bootleg set from Manchester UK show in the early 80s. I see stuff I still need to complete the original releases but I will probably stay away from the new stuff unless it's a new studio release, just not enough room LOL

Main one on my hitlist is an original Soundhouse Tapes record
WOW! Soundhouse and Powerslave are next on the list for me. If you need to make space for new Maiden, feel free to send that old stuff my way:laughing9:.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Powerslave will likely be next for me in the picture disc set. There has been an original Killers down at my shop for a while now. One of these days ill bite the bullet and spend the 50, by that time though like many other albums I finally decide to pony up for, will be gone when I arrive. :laughing9:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Doug: How did you stumble upon that place? I could spend a few hours, there.

Nando.

My newest piece:

While not from a record store it is straight from the source...

An original pressing of Hum ~ You'd Prefer An Astronaut straight from singer, guitarist, song writer Matt Talbot's Personal collection. Matt has a stash of these from back in the mid 90's when the album came out. He personally checks and flattens them (if needed) before shipping out. This album is a rare find let alone being new and original. He's even included a signed insert of what was the original planned cover art.

Hum ~ You'd Prefer An Astronaut

Original planned cover art:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Doug: Were there any pre-recorded open reel tapes? I see plenty of cassettes, records, and, even, 8-tracks.

Nando.

Northwinds

Tagline
My newest piece:

While not from a record store it is straight from the source...

An original pressing of Hum ~ You'd Prefer An Astronaut straight from singer, guitarist, song writer Matt Talbot's Personal collection. Matt has a stash of these from back in the mid 90's when the album came out. He personally checks and flattens them (if needed) before shipping out. This album is a rare find let alone being new and original. He's even included a signed insert of what was the original planned cover art.

Hum ~ You'd Prefer An Astronaut

Original planned cover art:

Oh man I would love that pair!