Record Stores... Whats your latest buy?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Used records and reels I've bought online this and last month...

Get Down Tonight.jpg Airhead back.jpg Lets Dance CBS JC 36580.jpg Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ST.jpg Steve Winwood ST.jpg Style Council Home Abroad Live.jpg Best of Al Hirt.jpg Diamond Serenade.jpg Diamond Stones.jpg

AZG

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Got a few new arrivals this week. My taste is pretty much all over the place, but I generally listen to a lot of indie/alternative rock. I've been trying to expand my collection to incorporate some of the good hip-hop from the 90's that I grew up on. I picked up a couple of reissued albums from that period...

Fugees - The Score
Outkast - Aquemini

Both records sound incredible and hearing them on vinyl for the first time is a real treat!

Then I've got a few albums in the mail...

Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise (reissue)
Jenny Lewis - The Voyager
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
Houndmouth - Little Neon Limelight
David Byrne & St. Vincent - Love This Giant

Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
The new Cheap Trick 10" EP is about what I saw, and again, I have no way to even get to Boise, much less spend as much as it will probably cost. I would have to settle for a normal copy later...I heard some if it and liked it, it sounded solid.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Was gifted the Maiden release, for doing my part by bringing in the scaffolding this year.

Looking forward to giving this a spin.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
What a great gift, Ben. Your buds at work know what you like.

Nando.

braxus

Journeyman
My latest buy is a $50 180 gram pressing of Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown. I've probably got an older copy of this somewhere, but I wanted to hear what a modern version of this 70s record would sound like. The one I just bought is said to be made from the analog master tape, so no digital in between. Apparently the master was EQ'd and used Dolby A, as it was a dub off the original multitrack tapes I'm guessing.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
My latest buy is a $50 180 gram pressing of Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown. I've probably got an older copy of this somewhere, but I wanted to hear what a modern version of this 70s record would sound like. The one I just bought is said to be made from the analog master tape, so no digital in between. Apparently the master was EQ'd and used Dolby A, as it was a dub off the original multitrack tapes I'm guessing.
Too cool Scott, Gordon has one of those magical voices that I would love to hear on the Summits! Couple that with his great story telling and awesome production on that Lp, you have a winner! Try to find that older copy, you might be surprised how good it sounds buddy!

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Was gifted the Maiden release, for doing my part by bringing in the scaffolding this year.

Looking forward to giving this a spin.

Cool!!! I did not go for this as funds are wicked limited but I did get a few things from RSD. The Runaways red colored 7" and the Halestorm release. Can't wait for them to get here

I did finally score the Warrant - Cherry Pie UK picture disc I have been chasing for 10 years+ now. Always seems to go for way more then I can afford but I scored it with a $19.99 BIN this morning

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121958848895?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

BubbaH

Tagline
---
12" single. Taken from the soundtrack for the movie Last Action Hero, with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Been on my watch/want list for years. Really good live version of For Those About To Rock, taken from a Moscow concert on the B side.

orange

Tagline
From my friend of TH and eBay, Jeff/dogface1956, more good stuff!

Who Came First Townshend.jpg Touch Klemmer.jpg Youre Only Lonely Souther.jpg You Cant Argue With A Sick Mind Walsh.jpg Reg Strikes Back John.jpg Elite Hotel Emmylou'.jpg

Who Came First - Pete Townshend
Touch - John Klemmer
You're Only Lonely - J.D. Souther
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind - Joe Walsh
Reg Strikes Back - Elton John
Elite Hotel - Emmylou Harris

orange

Tagline
I finally nabbed this sealed 1977 CBS Records country compilation from Shuga Records (shugarecords.com) in Chicago, a most groovy place...Adam says it's Record Store Day and they are SWAMPED...in case you missed it.

Last edited: