phase linear 700 vs 400

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yes, the less ohms resistance the better. 3 Ohms is a lot for the gauge and lenght of your wire....

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
ok thank I had no idea that that was high I got 20ft and cut it in half it only cost around 25 so I guess you get what you pay for

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I am going to try the expanding plugs first cause I need more any way for a different project and if that fails time to break out the black tape also what leds did you go with

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
K-5,

The big capacitors are held in place by being screwed to the big copper bar at their top, so not an urgent issue as long as they are in their cradle. Any wiggle can be fixed using hot glue. Get a hot glue gun and squirt some between the capacitors and the cradle. Hold in place for a minute while it cools.

Main thing is that the 4 metal meter screw clamps are not loose inside the amp. You can tell by looking from the top or bottom so don't need to take off faceplate. If they are in place just put the top and bottom covers back on. If one of the screws is silver it goes in the back middle hole both top and bottom. see photos.

20170316_100943308_iOS.jpg 20170313_211055603_iOS.jpg

DO NOT PLUG IN AMP UNTIL COVERS ARE BACK ON! HIGH VOLTAGE INSIDE!

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
K-5,

The big capacitors are held in place by being screwed to the big copper bar at their top, so not an urgent issue as long as they are in their cradle. Any wiggle can be fixed using hot glue. Get a hot glue gun and squirt some between the capacitors and the cradle. Hold in place for a minute while it cools.

Main thing is that the 4 metal meter screw clamps are not loose inside the amp. You can tell by looking from the top or bottom so don't need to take off faceplate. If they are in place just put the top and bottom covers back on. If one of the screws is silver it goes in the back middle hole both top and bottom. see photos.

View attachment 28454 View attachment 28453

DO NOT PLUG IN AMP UNTIL COVERS ARE BACK ON! HIGH VOLTAGE INSIDE!
meters feel like they are in place good if they ever come loose what size are they checked caps again they are in there assemblys good but the whole assemblys wiggle in and out and up and down a bit have plans to hit them with some hot melt some time soon is it safe to plug in

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
meters feel like they are in place good if they ever come loose what size are they checked caps again they are in there assemblys good but the whole assemblys wiggle in and out and up and down a bit have plans to hit them with some hot melt some time soon is it safe to plug in
If the whole assembly of 4 capacitors and copper bar moves then it got knocked loose during shipping. You should hot glue the assembly down into the cradles before powering up the amp for the first time.

Note to self: Retrofit mechanical capacitor restraints on my remaining 400 amps.

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
yes what is the best way to go about hot glueing them I was thinking put it on its back and take top and bottum covers off is there a better or easyer way to do this

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
yes what is the best way to go about hot glueing them I was thinking put it on its back and take top and bottum covers off is there a better or easyer way to do this
Take top and bottom cover off. Place amp on its top and hot glue the bottom capacitors down. After cool flip amp on its bottom and hot glue the top capacitors down. This way gravity will be helping get the hot glue into the crevice between the capacitors and the cradle they sit in. Be sure to hold the capacitors against the cradles as the glue cools.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
I am so excited for lana to wipe the floor with my friends hh scott 385r and give his parts express tri-tix 2-way mtm speakers a good wopling

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Not really a fair fight against that Scott receiver. But then, nobody said it had to be fair.

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
yeah I know but in all fairness it dose sound good for what it is and as good power my kenwood km991 sounds fine but has no ballz or headroom the heathkit aa 1640 works sound good but needs restoration and like the kenwood not enough for me