New build for shop system

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
A 2019?? How did it lose power?
Somebody sleepin?
Probably computer issue. When the computer has a brain fart things go bad. These use common rail electronic controlled injection and computer controlled exhaust valve timing. There is no mechanical camshaft, everything is is actuated by servo oil pressureand solenoids/volumetric control units and sheiit.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Probably computer issue. When the computer has a brain fart things go bad. These use common rail electronic controlled injection and computer controlled exhaust valve timing. There is no mechanical camshaft, everything is is actuated by servo oil pressureand solenoids/volumetric control units and sheiit.
Marvin the Paranoid Android would have complained but done better.

orange

Tagline
Ah, but Marvin's eternal groaning is worth hearing.

orange

Tagline
PS I KNOW, GM WAS EXCELLENT AT THIS TASK.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Back at the shop cabs. Made up a template for the screw holes, speaker holes and ports so everything will be the same and easy as pie. Just used the scrap wood thatcobered the lift of MDF. Screwed the face board and the centres down to the sacrificial table to hold everything in place. Worked out real easy. Going to get a speaker just to check for then carry on with the other three faces.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
One box glued except for the face and braces. There’s going to be two 6” round ports, about 9” long which should tune them to 26hz resonance. I’ll wait till I pick up the port material tomorrow to make sure the size is right when I cut the holes.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Is that you peeking over the box ?
No, that’s Trever, who generously let me make a mess in his shop. Darcy is the midget and can’t even see over the box. These will come together quick now. More time to hang them and set things in place than actual fabrication

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Face boards done. 9” is the magic number for the ports. I cut two at 11” will assemble all the cabinets to the point of the face boards, then temporarily screw one face board on and install the speakers, run a frequency sweep to check resonance then cut the ports as required. The other three cabinets will be ported the same.

Attachments