New build for shop system

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
One is ready for paint. The second one has putty drying still but will be ready later this evening. I might sand it tonight to let the dust settle overnight then paint tomorrow. Swapped out the paint, they mixed me a neon baby blue ffs... not at all what I asked for! Going similar colour to what they were. A little more pale blue/green. I think I’ll paint the lowmax boxes black and use the blue/green paint on their trim rings. I dunno, I’m not a designer but all one colour in the living room would be a big wall of black or???

Also picked up wire and some hardware to make my own quickie binding posts.

Got the old biscuit back with some new shoes. Drives better but sure feels different after an alignment. Had excessive toe in which I figured, but never got around to it before the tire scrubbed bad enough to say eff it.

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
21D674D4-986A-4F05-AEA5-4CF7A2109C6B.jpeg
That Biscane is a proper sled...
Took it to the local race track a year or two ago, tracks abandoned, made a couple laps! The old “turbo thrift” 250ci was singing! Also to it to the operating race track on a day when you paid by the car load, there was 9 of us in her and pretty comfortable still. Two guys were big, but I bet we could have got two more skinny chicks in!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
View attachment 40545

Took it to the local race track a year or two ago, tracks abandoned, made a couple laps! The old “turbo thrift” 250ci was singing! Also to it to the operating race track on a day when you paid by the car load, there was 9 of us in her and pretty comfortable still. Two guys were big, but I bet we could have got two more skinny chicks in!

PS Did you bore it out? The 'Turbo-Thrift' I know, unless there was more than one model was a 235? inline six and I had it in my 1968 Chevelle Deluxe 4-door, Charlene.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
That log book is worth more than the car. Fantastic!
I’ll have to look again but the “proteca plate” card is in the owners manual if I remember right. Car is a little rough, did some metal work and the interior started to show wear after I started driving it daily. It was pretty mint inside but the seats and door panels getting rough from age and sudden return to service! Car had 46,xxx miles on it when I put her back in the road.

Almost ready to sling some paint on these boxes, just a couple touch ups with putty that I’m waiting to dry and good to go.

Attachments

J!m

Tagline
BOT
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the REAL riots start.

orange

Tagline
Now they'll have to ban the Ajax Lady as a bad influence/

WHITE TORNADO REHAB!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Was busy asf at the speaker lube store. They better sell out or hire 24/7 security cuz someone will drive a cube van right through the wall and take what’s left if they’re closed for any length of time!

Face boards into their second coat. Coming along.

Attachments

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Looking good!

we are fortunate in that you can buy beer at the grocery store. So, unless they stop re-stocking, there will be no riots around here.

There are three good breweries a short drive away as well. It’ll be all right.

orange

Tagline
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_straight-6_engine

Scroll down to third gen for the 250. This car is base model, farmer bought. Manual steering and brakes, three on the tree, radio delete, no clock. He kept a note pad in the glove box of repairs and the last entry was “119th tank of fuel, aug xx, 1981” thought it was kinda neat.
I had service dovuments and manuals a plenty in the Chevy and my first car, a 1969 Dodge Dart 4-door with a factory leftover 1968 225 Super Slant Six I believe and that was really helpful to me when I had to replace shocks etc as I knew nobody had touched the Dart's shocks since probably the Carter administration. Another bonus was that they were lower mileage cars under 70,000 miles when I got them and not total basket cases. The Dart was actually owned by the car lot owner's grandmother and could be verified. The CHOKE lived up to it's name though.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
The Mopar slant six is a great engine. They run surprisingly long, even without oil in them...
It was great engine, had several cars and one van with them, hated working on the points and such, always hard to get at.