New build for shop system

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Ready to go in tomorrow, last coat of black just went on. All wired up, woofers in parallel hence the altered inductor and cap values. Wiring passed through braces and soldered/zip tied where needed. Easy to remove speakers also, left a little extra wire where it would be handy. Will make a trim ring for the mid from the scraps of the 8x18” build

Attachments

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
They WERE on a mission from God. that plant lost at least 55 gallons of oil during the chase.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
The 360 Police Interceptor was a bit of a sleeper... A friend had one (with a half million miles on it) in his '67 Dart GT. That car pulled SO HARD (with an automatic!) that it would pull out the headlight switch. (the down side is this was discovered when the car was parked and the battery died)

And the smallest "modern" V8: the 273. I think they all had solid lifters... We put 340 heads on one (stock junker bottom end) and that was a screamer as well. I be a twin turbo 273 would do 500-600 HP before it blew up.

orange

Tagline
Got em in the house! The PL 4000 seems to be working ok also... for now. Can’t push the PL400 very hard before the turntable feeds back. I mean the house is shaking pretty good at ~50wpc
Good GOD Andrew! First of all don't put them there, and secondly don't use MDF shelving for the gear. You are faced with something similar to why they once put concrete bases in washing machines to keep them from hopping about like Harvey, IIRC..at least the industrial laundromat units.

Move the speakers at least two feet from the walls and angled (outward?) to begin as a measure to reduce the sound pressure against the wall, and maybe raise them off the floor for the same reason.

This is another good reason for carpeting.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
The 360 Police Interceptor was a bit of a sleeper... A friend had one (with a half million miles on it) in his '67 Dart GT. That car pulled SO HARD (with an automatic!) that it would pull out the headlight switch. (the down side is this was discovered when the car was parked and the battery died)

And the smallest "modern" V8: the 273. I think they all had solid lifters... We put 340 heads on one (stock junker bottom end) and that was a screamer as well. I be a twin turbo 273 would do 500-600 HP before it blew up.
One friend of mine had a Dart swinger with a built 340/4spd/5.88 gears... it was a city stop light weapon, he used to shit well past 7000rpm. I was always a Big Block Chevy guy... this poor thing needs some attention some day.

Dug out a 5 disc CD changer I boarded for a rainy day. Should let me push Linda a little harder... still haven’t checked bias, is smoke comes out I guess it will be the kick in the ass to WOPL her...

Attachments

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Good GOD Andrew! First of all don't put them there, and secondly don't use MDF shelving for the gear. You are faced with something similar to why they once put concrete bases in washing machines to keep them from hopping about like Harvey, IIRC..at least the industrial laundromat units.

Move the speakers at least two feet from the walls and angled (outward?) to begin as a measure to reduce the sound pressure against the wall, and maybe raise them off the floor for the same reason.

This is another good reason for carpeting.
DONT PANIC! VERY TEMPORARY!

orange

Tagline
I'm not panicking, I'm thinking of saving your Eric Clapton records from having to be converted to ashtrays.

1584739889640.png