Klipsch - share your thoughts

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Well, remember, for less than a grand, you can get into some Heresy's and save upgrades for down the road and best of all, if you run into the speaker of your dreams (Not some Off the wall stuff), you can sell them for what you paid for them.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Well, remember, for less than a grand, you can get into some Heresy's and save upgrades for down the road and best of all, if you run into the speaker of your dreams (Not some Off the wall stuff), you can sell them for what you paid for them.
it’s a good point really.

at the risk of being all over the place tho, can you tell me a bit about the “cornscala”? I didn’t really know about those, and I see these CS A,B,C,D versions at the Crites website.
Curious

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
do your homework. If you buy some unheard of speaker, you'll be stuck with them and they may be "Voice Only" or god know's what and you'll lose your ass. Or you'll have to wait for another rube to come buy them. Nice veneer don't make them sound better, it's a nice upgrade for down the road.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
it’s a good point really.

at the risk of being all over the place tho, can you tell me a bit about the “cornscala”? I didn’t really know about those, and I see these CS A,B,C,D versions at the Crites website.
Curious

Do a search on Cornscala... You'll find more than I can provide. They are BIG and I had to build my set. If Crites builds them, you'll drive 2000 miles to pick them up

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Horns HONK! It's what they do...

My ears seem to be especially sensitive in midranges- vocals and the two octaves above middle C on a piano are especially brilliant and harsh to me, so I probably can't tolerate the "squawkers" of the Klipsch.

Perhaps the foam surrounds of my eardrums need to be replaced?

I wonder if there's been any experimentation with varying the rigidity of the diaphragm of the compression driver to cut the harshness. I don't mean a level control to reduce the volume, but use some differing materials to change the characteristic of the sound.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There are huge differences in mid drivers for the mid horns. Horn material, wood-aluminum- plastic makes a difference too. You can spend up to 2k for a TOTL GOTO driver.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Horns HONK! It's what they do...

My ears seem to be especially sensitive in midranges- vocals and the two octaves above middle C on a piano are especially brilliant and harsh to me, so I probably can't tolerate the "squawkers" of the Klipsch.

Perhaps the foam surrounds of my eardrums need to be replaced?

I wonder if there's been any experimentation with varying the rigidity of the diaphragm of the compression driver to cut the harshness. I don't mean a level control to reduce the volume, but use some differing materials to change the characteristic of the sound.
i think this is why I’m really digging these Klipsch RP-600m’s because they are not a typical Klipsch speaker. Tweeter in a waveguide- not a compression horn.