Klipsch - share your thoughts

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
If your going to also use the system for home theater, then consider adding subs. Makes a huge difference even in a two channel system.
Many comments on the Parts Express website user reviews about Klipsch guys adding the Dayton Audio subs to their systems. Most seem pretty happy with the result.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
If your going to also use the system for home theater, then consider adding subs. Makes a huge difference even in a two channel system.
Many comments on the Parts Express website user reviews about Klipsch guys adding the Dayton Audio subs to their systems. Most seem pretty happy with the result.
This is just for music. I agree that dialing in a sub just right can make a big difference. I had some Magnepans that were fantastic in many ways, but we’re much more enjoyable with a sub. I was poking around at the SVS lower priced models, HSU and even looked around at parts express too.

The SVS has a stereo line level electronic crossover, high-pass on the output. I’m sure I would at least try it if I had that sub. Not a deal breaker with or without it though.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Ah so sad. I’m sure you are all aware Bob Crites passed away recently.

First time I’ve been to the site. Looks like there were a few stand alone designs besides the upgrades too.

Anyone hear anything about the future of the company?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'd like to build another set of Cornscala's with only the woofer enclosed and have the horn and tweet exposed on the motorboard. When Bob added his CNC router, they upped their game. Everything fit like a glove.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I'd like to build another set of Cornscala's with only the woofer enclosed and have the horn and tweet exposed on the motorboard. When Bob added his CNC router, they upped their game. Everything fit like a glove.
what do you have for speakers now?

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Epicure 20+
Legacy Audio Focus
Modded Klipsch Heresy
Klipsch,, Advent and several other bookshelf speakers
searching the Epicure 20+, it popped up with “Human Speakers”- have you dealt with him? He’s like 30minutes away from me!

and WOW- legacy audio focus. Those look amazing

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
He sells replacement parts but I think it changes the sound. Do you really know what kind of speakers you are looking for? You are bouncing around.....

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
He sells replacement parts but I think it changes the sound. Do you really know what kind of speakers you are looking for? You are bouncing around.....
Im not really 100% on anything. Enjoying the interactions at the moment. Was really feeling the RP-8000’s as I like the RP-600m’s a lot minus the bass. Haven’t given up on the idea yet. They are not the Klipsch’s people have known and loved. Perhaps thats a good thing for me.