Klipsch - share your thoughts

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
As is, these just have a single set terminals but I have no doubt I could modify. I think for now I’m just going to enjoy as-is.

I’ve definitely entertained going with the crites upgrades so you never know.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
……….

My wife had a battle with breast cancer - cancer free now though!
Then it returned.

She really would have liked these 5.5’s. She definitely liked a lot of bass lol. I remember when I had the walls shaking for the first time with that loner WOPL on some 901’s, she usually didn’t give a shit about my audio interests - but she heard all that she thought it was pretty awesome.

She actually had given me the green light to buy the new Cornwallis for $6500 somewhere along this post- but she made one thing very clear “ make sure it’s what you really want…”

With that in mind, I brought her first set of diamond earrings instead.

I spent way more time with her over the past few years than we had before, simply because- we knew more than ever before that life is short.

And boy, it really is.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Then it returned.

She really would have liked these 5.5’s. She definitely liked a lot of bass lol. I remember when I had the walls shaking for the first time with that loner WOPL on some 901’s, she usually didn’t give a shit about my audio interests - but she heard all that she thought it was pretty awesome.

She actually had given me the green light to buy the new Cornwallis for $6500 somewhere along this post- but she made one thing very clear “ make sure it’s what you really want…”

I spent way more time with her over the past few years than we had before, simply because- we knew more than ever before that life is short.

And boy, it really is.
Very sorry for your loss. Losing your partner is very tough.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Joe, man that sucks...dont know what I'd do if I lost Jani...

Joe, since you were here last time I've tri-amped the K's.
I have a 700 B WOPL on the woofs, 400 WOPL on the mid horns, which are.now BMS 4592's and a Marantz 250 driving the ME 10 tweets. All this being fed by Ashly XR2001.electronic crossover....oh yeah...upgraded the pre to a Jeff Rowland Coherence II Ser II.
IT TOOK A lot of hash off the top end. Really crisp bass, smooth highs now. I couldnt be happier...a sub would be just muddy the waters

If ya ever get near Gillette would love to have ya here for a bit...
Horns done right are pricey.....but to me worth every.penny.
I also got a pair of Ohm F's. for the quiter moments. .

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I had a guy tell me years ago K's weren't a good rock speaker.......LOL, I'd like to tie him to the Masters chair and play " Fear Inoculum"..I believe that would change his mind...

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Then it returned.

And boy, it really is.
its tough...very tough...sooo sorry for you...
been 41 years ago for me...lost my oldest son...
i still cry...some things you never get over...
to tell the truth...i really dont want to get over it...
it does get easier....because you adapt...not forget...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hey Lee, a guy emailed me today that owns a pair of Ohm F's and asked me today whether a PL400 or PL700 is more appropriate for those. I know you have a set. I know what I would recommend, but I don't have the Fs. What is YOUR recommendation since you do?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
A 400 is plenty , but they sound way better on a 700.... those F's are little amp eaters if you don't blow them up..keep a 4 amp fuse inline, he'll be OK.........

A Model One would be the ultimate.. that's my plan...after they get sent to Dale Harder in Cleveland to be remanufactured...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
And I would recommend a 25Hz high pass filter. I noticed with the WOPL going to `10HZ the F's struggled with program material that was bass heavy, it's tight accurate bass, but a lot of your speaker capacity is ate up down low.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
And they are especially sensitive to damping factor. Sound like shit now on the Spec 2 and great on a WOPL....

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
And I would recommend a 25Hz high pass filter. I noticed with the WOPL going to `10HZ the F's struggled with program material that was bass heavy, it's tight accurate bass, but a lot of your speaker capacity is ate up down low.
I heard somewhere you need about 300 watts to make those sing and it takes 301 to blow them lol

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
its tough...very tough...sooo sorry for you...
been 41 years ago for me...lost my oldest son...
i still cry...some things you never get over...
to tell the truth...i really dont want to get over it...
it does get easier....because you adapt...not forget...
Im sorry to hear that. Loss is like a part of you dying. Nothing can feel the same. I can’t imagine loosing a child.

Are lives were intertwined since we were teen agers 38 years ago. We were not together the whole time but we finally tied the knot and made it through 26 years of marriage.