Klipsch - share your thoughts

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I agree with WOPL Sniffer, the audio equipment of today is not as good as the vintage equipment we all remember in terms of fit/finish, components, and sound quality.
If you try and power the RP-800F's with that tube amp, you are going to be very disappointed.

I would look for a set of USA made vintage Heresy or Cornwall and not look back.
Try here:
https://tinyurl.com/43s6vusd
or this one:
https://tinyurl.com/pnjz4r8d
I think I’ve seen both those ads. If I knew I wanted a pair of either of those, I would snag a pair. But I just don’t know. At least if I get something new and I don’t like them, I can return them.

keep in mind I actually do like these 600m’s more than the Klipsch speakers I’ve heard before.

maybe I need to get off my butt and go see the Klipsch dealer in Maine. He has new and used gear. Maybe I should just chill, wait and save.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I don't like dealer prices. Specially when all the parts and stuff are available for the older Klipsch. Mods too..... Buy from a good (GOOD) private seller, better deals to be had.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I also owned two pairs of Heresy's , on pair on top of each k horn. I kinda liked what it did for the midrange with the 12" woof. Got em pretty reasonable too, in Denver, 150 a pair, now long gone. One set to my son, the other to a nephew.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I also owned two pairs of Heresy's , on pair on top of each k horn. I kinda liked what it did for the midrange with the 12" woof. Got em pretty reasonable too, in Denver, 150 a pair, now long gone. One set to my son, the other to a nephew.
man I have not seen a deal like that for a loooong time.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
OH, Remember, I'd never trade/sell/give away, a WOPL that I couldn't replace. I have a core amp and I am thinking long and hard about the build....... Maybe I'll aim the meters to the inside.