Klipsch - share your thoughts

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I honestly really liked the new Cornwalls A LOT. But man $6500 is a big ask for a monkey coffin, where most expensive part looks like the veneer on 3 sides. Dealers will not budge. Probably breaks their agreement.

Pricing on everything has gotten really crazy all around lately.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No doubt about that Joe. Get the Crites plans and build a set.
I think they have plans. Bob"s son is great to deal with. It appears Crites will soldier on..

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Joe, man that sucks...dont know what I'd do if I lost Jani...

Joe, since you were here last time I've tri-amped the K's.
I have a 700 B WOPL on the woofs, 400 WOPL on the mid horns, which are.now BMS 4592's and a Marantz 250 driving the ME 10 tweets. All this being fed by Ashly XR2001.electronic crossover....oh yeah...upgraded the pre to a Jeff Rowland Coherence II Ser II.
IT TOOK A lot of hash off the top end. Really crisp bass, smooth highs now. I couldnt be happier...a sub would be just muddy the waters

If ya ever get near Gillette would love to have ya here for a bit...
Horns done right are pricey.....but to me worth every.penny.
I also got a pair of Ohm F's. for the quiter moments. .
How’s the noise floor on all that? I don’t remember the WOPL being noisy- but I don’t recall it being dead-silent either

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
No doubt about that Joe. Get the Crites plans and build a set.
I think they have plans. Bob"s son is great to deal with. It appears Crites will soldier on..
Yeah I noticed his prices bumped up about 20-30% too. Sniffer liked those but gave fair warning about spending all that bread on something not auditioned… and it’s a good point.

If go for the crites upgrades on these 5.5’s , the outcome could steer me closer- or away- depending on that outcome.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Hard a minor scare last night. Was listening to Chick Corea and I heard some some clipping on some piano peaks, left channel.

Made me think it was a bad tweeter on these speakers I JUST bought. Maybe something from the electronics.

Turned out to be in the recording.

Headphones sure are handy.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Found the big overall effect on the bass performance- it’s the taps on the Jolida amp…

Never noticed the changes on other speakers, but with these, the 4ohm taps make it sound more like comparable solid state amps I have here, bass boost is gone.

But the rest of it sounds not great.

So I’m sticking with the 8 ohm taps because it just sounds better to me. All that matters really.

A little fat on the bottom? Yes please