It's getting late...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
PS Jerry, I had the following error message while editing the last post:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 327

Also don't know where this BOX came from...Gone now...maybe I should go back to Firefox a while.
Ya had some sort of gobbly gook I had to clean out of your message.. :scratch: Couldn't even reply to you with that dudu.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I can't say who I blame...we scuttled politics :clown:

But HEY, that Sansui 3300 you sold me and the Pioneer integrated you fixed are just fine...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
I can't say who I blame...we scuttled politics :clown:

But HEY, that Sansui 3300 you sold me and the Pioneer integrated you fixed are just fine...
ObeKaybe...

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/acI12jO0HSQ" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="854" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

orange

Tagline
I messed something up in the Linux installation that was on my nephew's former PC while trying to remove his account (except for him being the superuser, DUH) and couldn't recover AFAIK (apparently ICE is bad to see on your computer as well but great with soda), and I couldn't get the drive to be recognized when I put it in my SATA dock as well, so I installed different 80GB HDD and after some intense fumbling with hands that don't work right I got everything hooked back up. Now I'm downloading and getting ready to burn an ISO of the 19.1 Tara Beta and start over again. About 40 minutes left on that download. I chose 64 bit MATE again as the old MPC is actually a 64 bit machine!

Beta is going to have to do for now, the actual Tara is due before Christmas.

orange

Tagline
The first DVD burn failed and the second worked, I'll get at it later.

orange

Tagline
I have another PC with Windows 7 but I need to get some thermal paste on the CPU and I'm concentrating on Christmas bikes.

orange

Tagline
Progress! I've got Mint 18.1 Serena installed on the MPC ClientPro 385 I got back from my nephew after Linnea bit the dust, and her name is Shelley. Now I have to get it up to 19.1 Tara eventually.

I guess the motherboard Darcy sent will run Mint as well. I do have another computer with 7 and I have to apply some thermal paste I was told, I have that.

Making my Sunday pizza late...pepperoni, sausage, cheese and mushrooms with basil, oregano and garlic plus dried red peppers.

orange

Tagline
Shelley is now fully updated on Serena 18.1, you're soaking in it and the pizza is GOOD!

orange

Tagline
I'm out of DVD-Rs or it would be a snap to just install 18.3 in 64 AND 32 bit versions.

orange

Tagline
I got around to trying out You Tube before bed, Rock With You - Michael Jackson, America - Neil Diamond and the Staples' Easy Button sound from one of my saved lists :) Onboard audio and video worked great. I finally got to sleep again around 6:30 after waking at sometime after 2 am and finishing this one up and I just woke up, there's an unused Delta 4-way taillight/turn and brake light on the USPS truck coming today, I sorta feel like it hit me though :faroah::wav::santa:

orange

Tagline
It took a good while but I finally got Mint 19 installed and then updated to 19.1 Tessa! It's all good now.

orange

Tagline
Sad news...I have to retire my old Pentium IV, Valerie. She is rather sickly and I can't get Windows Update to start, says it's running but when I try to update NOPE. Also kinda fallapart and slow.

Good news is that once I removed the GeForce 9500 GT card from Phoebe (Dell Vostro 410 4 GB/3.24 usable Core 2 Duo) I got the VGA port back okay and she will be running just fine with over a terabyte of storage.

Meanwhile, I build bikes and am figuring a way to get a ticket to Bob Seger on the 31st and get over there. I've waited since 1980 and his back surgery postponed it over a year, in which time Glenn Frey and Tom Petty passed away and this is his only Idaho show ever and last tour. The only other concert I've hoped for this year (other than the free one at the Western Idaho Fair) is the Alan Parsons Live Project in April.

orange

Tagline
Been trying since ticket sales resumed last May following his recovery from back surgery, and it was already his last tour.

Now there are plenty of $89 single seats which is fine but I was trying to get a $59 and life kept intervening. The original date was set for November in 2017.

My parents gave me a cassette of Live 'Bullet' as well as Steely Dan's Gaucho for Christmas in 1980, that's how long I've hoped to see him.

orange

Tagline
That hasn't taken long :D

That's Alison, Phoebe and Shelley. I didn't have anymore licinses for Wylla so she's in Limbo. One more Win 7 computer to finish that I was given a few months ago,

orange

Tagline
Sideless chassis with an OLD AMD AM2/2+ Athlon board by Biostar, TF720 A2+ http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=361

Also missing the plate for the motherboard connections on the back and optical drive bay covers.

Thing was a gaming board from 2008, has six SATA II connections onboard. The guy that donated it told me to reapply thermal paste, it has Win 7 and a ZIP drive as well as a 3.5" floppy, PCI 2.0, an added 4-port USB card and an added NIC. There are cables from the front panel to plug into the rear for front audio and USB, common for some AMD boards I see from the that era, handles SLI video, built in DVI etc.

RAM is 533 to 1066 DDR2, 4 slots up to 4GB each for 16 GB total.

Darcy sent me an AM3/3+ board some time back that was also a gaming board that has more advanced features like instant media playback etc.

I could probably fire it up with 800 or 1066.

I'm sorry I'm slow here but there have been way too many things to do all year.

orange

Tagline
Having failed to find the Win 7 drive that is supposed to go with that computer I formatted a 320 GB Western Digital and installed Mint 19.1, which is updating now. I can still get one more existing 7 installation back up if I'm fortunate.

This one is named Sandi.