It's getting late...

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Damn nice and dusty here as well. Our weather is not bad but the dust around here is something else. I take my PC down every three or four months I guess and clean er all up with the compressor and a good clean paint brush. At the 6th month interval I take all the fans out and clean them with alcohol and cotton swabs. I like to keep it clean and quiet as I use it for the front end for my stereo.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I've got to see where I have a copy of 7 Professional and redo that Dell, even Explorer wants to crash when I try to run Windows Update.

I just tried a System Restore back to July about to see if that helped any, if it did I'll probably still need to reinstall Windows Media Player.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I've got to see where I have a copy of 7 Professional and redo that Dell, even Explorer wants to crash when I try to run Windows Update.

I just tried a System Restore back to July about to see if that helped any, if it did I'll probably still need to reinstall Windows Media Player.
I assume that the PC had Windows OS factory installed, yes ? What do you need, USB stick or DVD ?

orange

Tagline
No, it was an XP conversion. Some of the problem can be solved by finding the RAM that worked well with it around here, and it's POSSIBLE I might still be able to download the OS from Microsoft.

I had to use a program I have to restart BITS and what not get WU going in addition to getting rid of AVG Free again (what the hell did Avast DO to AVG to mess it up like that anyway? It's not like I'm gonna BUY it)...back to MSE on this one.

Remains to be seen, as Beetlejuice said.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Got rid of Malwarebytes Free as well and the CPU is happy again.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
No, it was an XP conversion. Some of the problem can be solved by finding the RAM that worked well with it around here, and it's POSSIBLE I might still be able to download the OS from Microsoft.

I had to use a program I have to restart BITS and what not get WU going in addition to getting rid of AVG Free again (what the hell did Avast DO to AVG to mess it up like that anyway? It's not like I'm gonna BUY it)...back to MSE on this one.

Remains to be seen, as Beetlejuice said.
Got ya.

orange

Tagline
Did some searching and it says I'm supposed to turn WMP off (which turns off Media Center by as well), restart and then turn it on again. Waiting on that to finish.

orange

Tagline
Seems to have done the trick.

Now Playing: Rolling In The Deep - Adele

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Did some searching and it says I'm supposed to turn WMP off (which turns off Media Center by as well), restart and then turn it on again. Waiting on that to finish.
Sorry, just cannot use WMP, VLC and Foobar 2000 here. Foobar 2000 is free and does an awesome job. Plenty of kick ass add ons and WASAPI !

orange

Tagline
It's a DELL dude, it'll be fine, once it exhales a bit.

orange

Tagline
Still finding that this site posts for me but I can't tell until I hit post again and I get an error message about already having posted that and it goes back to the completed post. IE 11 first world problem.

orange

Tagline
it still has some rumatiz in the RAM, maybe Granny's Tonic will help.

orange

Tagline
So I borrowed Emily's 2 GB of 800 MHz RAM and after replacing the power supply and remembering to switch the input type on the stupid Dell monitor, Phoebe is back. Maybe in between getting bikes together and getting in and out of the shed I can find more PSUs and some video cards and get on with the rest of my stuff. I hope to have fenders and a rack on my Schwinn Hornet and maybe get the Shelby all together finally then the latest Rollfast and go lock them up outside. That's a lot of crossover but all of this Microsoft update garbage hitting and missing has really left me semi-sour at times.

Time to go get Phoebe finished up again, getting some of these chassis out of the way would be great.

orange

Tagline
Relocated my nVidia GeForce 9500 and things are nice again...even with just 2 GB RAM.

Of course, this IS the one with the 'Icy Dock' Tony sent me so it sorta has around a terabyte of storage, and that helps as well...Now if I rummage in my box of RAM and see if I can get Emily back up better and Valerie as well...then I can finally sit down and get that board Darcy sent going.

But I do hope the nuts and bolts to mount my Hornet's fenders and rack etc get here soon...that will be a nice ride.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Relocated my nVidia GeForce 9500 and things are nice again...even with just 2 GB RAM.

Of course, this IS the one with the 'Icy Dock' Tony sent me so it sorta has around a terabyte of storage, and that helps as well...Now if I rummage in my box of RAM and see if I can get Emily back up better and Valerie as well...then I can finally sit down and get that board Darcy sent going.

But I do hope the nuts and bolts to mount my Hornet's fenders and rack etc get here soon...that will be a nice ride.
That’s like a 10 year old video card. Fits right in with the stuff on this site