It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Up replacing Alison's power supply, helps if you aren't trying to use old 20-pin supplies...well, I blew out the shroud and PSU with canned air and have let it sit there a bit and one more SATA cable for the hard drive and we'll see if she wakes from her slumber. Hope so.

orange

Tagline
No dice still. Someone is going to help me late today I hope. Damn! I have no idea.

orange

Tagline
All I know is that 32 bit Firefox sucks, even when the computer doesn't so much really.

orange

Tagline
Vera is gone, Caroline, Delia as well...Alison, Valerie, Delia's twin is in the repair queue, Wylla is struggling to be born.

A couple three in limbo. Sandi's power supply quit, working on that.

This is Phoebe. Emily is languishing.

orange

Tagline
All I know is that 32 bit Firefox sucks, even when the computer doesn't so much really.
Hate to say it but I had a PUP that didn't manage to hide well and Malwarebytes Free finally got it. Things work much better for Phoebe.

orange

Tagline
Aaaaaaaaannnnd! Here is the news!

We are going to shake down Wylla with 7 tonight and I was given a Vista era Dell XPS with the e-vil 10 on it...how to make my 2002 Word Perfect 11 actually work on that is a good question, I tried that when Alison had the free 10 on it.

But Linux has no stinkin' card reader drivers AFAIK and my Canon uses a CF card...must have WINDOWS.

The Dell has not been christened yet. We'll see if she's going to be a Samantha or Endora.

orange

Tagline
Here's WYLLA...her color is a bit funky though...maybe Windows Update will fix that.

orange

Tagline
So far so good but I'm going to have to go to the HP website and or figure stuff out...the screen is sorta bluish from the VGA...

orange

Tagline
Missing post on the VGA port, I have one, got to get it to stay on, using DVI and widescreen now anyway. No longer BLUE. A $5 computer as the Goodwill sticker says.

She's good to go now.

Wylla.jpg

orange

Tagline
Needs a battery and more stuff to do...not sure I can get all my usual programs to work right on it (Word Perfect 11 etc) so we'll see.

orange

Tagline
Well, the guy didn't activate it. and do I look like I have a credit card and $120? At least Wylla is activated. This gets old like hemhorrhoids.

orange

Tagline
Wylla took a memory dump yesterday afternoon BTW. I don't know how to read that roadmap. And that picture is on the other computer right now, it will wait until daylight.

orange

Tagline
And when I opened Endora up yesterday I found it had a 2.5" SSD sitting there in the cradle space for the conventional C: drive with a regular D: as well...I need to secure that puppy.