It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Some mostly good news at this hour is that I now have FOUR fully completed computers: Alison, Valerie, Emily and Phoebe. The other Dell Vostro 410 is giving me a yellow light on the start button so I have to figure that out.

Done for tonight. I will get a new Vera going as soon as I can.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Four seems to be a little overkill. Are you planing on giving several of them away to friends?

What are the specs for the four named computers?

orange

Tagline
Way back late in It's getting late... I explained and re-explained and further explained the re-explanation about having a computer for living room, bedroom, recording center and bench, and I'll want at least two backups.

Overkill is nullified when the computers were given to you anyway, no?

Why do I have a ten foot long display of mostly cassette decks with a couple receivers and tuner/integrated singles and pairs?

It's AMERICA! And they are paid for.

Ipso facto, oingo boingo.

Backups are always GOOD.

orange

Tagline
Everything keeps me busy.

I moved the Icy Dock over to Phoebe now, I have enough SATA on the board to run a radio station.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Way back late in It's getting late... I explained and re-explained and further explained the re-explanation about having a computer for living room, bedroom, recording center and bench, and I'll want at least two backups.

Overkill is nullified when the computers were given to you anyway, no?

Why do I have a ten foot long display of mostly cassette decks with a couple receivers and tuner/integrated singles and pairs?

It's AMERICA! And they are paid for.

Ipso facto, oingo boingo.

Backups are always GOOD.
Sorry I forgot and didn't want to re-read through that many pages. I figured you could network or do multi tasking on one or two computers? If you have four working computers and two backups then I don't feel bad if a few are not running properly. It seems not matter how bad your computer problems are you are always able to get here. :toothy5:

Carry on and get as many running as you see fit.:hello1:

orange

Tagline
Phoebe is going to be chock full o' music, like Phoebe Snow.

I'm working on finding another SATA drive for her twin, the other Vostro 410, in hopes I can get the power button out of yellow (think it has to have ONE SATA connection active).

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
What is a Vostro 410?

Sounds like a Soviet PC computer.

Ipso facto, oingo boingo nana nana boo boo. Google is your friend!

orange

Tagline
Dude, I got two DELLS!

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I have to look that up...don't know if it's already in use or what it was at the moment. I'm swapping the memory back and forth between them to set the second up as it is.

Dude I really wanted ADELE!

orange

Tagline
You gave me a premium audio card tho, it's in Valerie.

orange

Tagline
They do just fine telling me I have no idea when the FedEx driver will finally get here and they made all four Phoenix Christmas mailings. How fast do you really need a virus alert anyway (like death, that's instantaneous)?

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
They do just fine telling me I have no idea when the FedEx driver will finally get here and they made all four Phoenix Christmas mailings. How fast do you really need a virus alert anyway (like death, that's instantaneous)?
Just pulling your chain a little Steven. If they do what you want them to that that is all you need. :toothy5:

orange

Tagline
After some reworking (two SATA drives and I'm hoping the PCI ATA adapter card will take for the Linux drive) I am ready to try the other Vostro again.

orange

Tagline
That has been set aside for a while but I just got a nice case that met all the requirements for Derek's board he sent, so I cleaned it up and have been installing the board etc. That and lots of housework as I want to get most of it done before my family comes over tomorrow.

New computer (5).JPG New computer (2).JPG New computer (6).JPG

What was in there: Abit NF8-V (Sempron/Athlon)

New computer (3).JPG

Last edited: