AM Listening

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
A swamper was running alongside a bedtruck as he was backing up to a draworks, (the hoist in a drilling rig) around 130,000 lbs. Takes a big truck to bed it then shove it on the floor, 15 feet in the air on a ramp. Empty weight on the truck is 75,000lbsa. Well the kid trips and winds up layed out just as the rear ends roll up his legs, and his hips and gut. The driver panics, hits reverse real hard and spits the poor kid back out. It was not easy listening to the screamin....................

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Doing the ELO thing. Testing cleaning procedures to get rid of the pops.Using Phoenix spray to clean with a clothe. Didn't do the disc washer brush on this side. A lot better just not all gone. Have to wash my rags today in Woolite.Some points this LP is so quiet. Driving me nuts. LOL Wow I'm liking the ELO. Lot of known songs. Ordered some bearing oil. If you are happy where you are. Don't take a step up. It will cost you in the end. Ran the disc brush twice. So far no pops. I must be in rare form to listen to ELO all the way. May be an ELO, ELP, Yes day. Does anyone have the stylus cleaner that is a film and all you do is drop it on it and it cleans the stylus. I do not like doing the brush much. LOL

Just had a run away tone arm. This cart must run clean. Cleaned again. Reset anti-skate, leveled table a little closer. So far so good. Doing spot cleaning now. Guess I'll clean till it is how I like it.

Last edited:

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Lots of people use the Magic Eraser for stylus cleaning.

I use FP-10 for lube on the spindle bearing in my Fairchild, it is great for your guns to. Temperature does not effect it and it doesn't gum up.

Jim

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
Lots of people us the Magic Eraser for stylus cleaning.

I use FP-10 for lube on the spindle bearing in my Fairchild, it is great for your guns to. Temperature does not effect it and it doesn't gum up.

Jim
I don't think with a 400.00 replacement cost I will use a Magic Eraser. LOL Would you?

speakerman1

Tagline
Doing testing. Frank Marino "Juggernaut" Very Clean. Wondering if the cart is sounding better or the tube is burning in. Do the visitors count when they view a thread? Will wait to go back in and do the whole lube at once. Think I got lucky putting that belt on the first time. Did get an email asking if I want a job. Couldn't if I wanted to. My pee would be so hot it would melt the cup. LOL Do they make a S or curved arm that doesn't weigh 10 pounds? Frank be jammin. Wonder how far I am off on the speed by setting it to ear. Would like someone else to hear this TT that knows the little tweaks. I usually run a little light on my carts. This one I'm right in the middle. I'm forgetting I have headphones on. LOL Just put some BOC "On Your Feet Or On Your Knees" Not a Remaster.I have cleaned 4 LPs Since 3 AM. Some more than once. Graham do the machines do a one time good deal cleaning?

speakerman1

Tagline
Sitting here watching the TT spin. LOL Haven't turned on the Carys in awhile just putting off fixing the one. Hoping that it fixes itself. LOL This BOC is pretty good. It is a dark rainy day. I'm sitting in the garage doing my thing. Guess I'm going to start taking the clean lps in. Guess I'll clean till I run out of fluid or something. Joe Bonamassa is going to be in Balt. on my birthday. May do a couple days of it. I was reading a review that said. You can't choose the color of a rose unless you do something to the seeds. I just bought some seeds in a bunch of different colors. This is a good Lp. BOC "Scepters" . This Lp had some scratches on it. I hear a pop every once in awhile. It is raining . Took 2 pics. In between tracks kinda noisey. Not liking this BOC so much. Van Halen "Van Halen" I keep trying to like Van Halen this is probably the one I liked the most. If that is saying anything. LOL Pretty bad warp on one edge. Is there more than one edge on a round object?

speakerman1

Tagline
What is a LP? I thought of 20 words that it isn't. Spherical is a ball? Round also? I just put what I thought was right. I could have said round and flat object. I haven't a clue dude. LOL Circular? You tell me. Please. LOL A tire is round with 2 edges a wheel.

Last edited:

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
A disk. lol Like a frisbee, any self respecting Hippe knows that. lol
Has a top, a bottom, and a top and bottom edge.
Jim

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
We were drinking beer at the bar one day, imagine that, a school bus went by and we hollered at Willie that his bus just went by, Willie calmly looks back at us and says "you white people are always messing with me, that bus was to long to be my bus".

I thought that was one of the funniest things I had ever heard.

Guess you had to be there.

Jim

Last edited: