AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Listening to alot different LPs. Reset the VTA last night. I'm running 1.51 gm tracking. Minimum s 1.50. Now this is a learning experience for me. The lighter I go the more I have to crank the sound. maybe I will check the speed when people get up. I know where it is. May get a label protector before a machine. Used the old Disc brush and D$ fluid and the I sprayed the brush with Phoenix . Then I sprayed the LP wirth Phoenix and used the cloth. Lot less noise. Stepped on my cleaning brush.

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Tracking to lightly can casue damage also Larry, if you are picking up an audible difference I would try increasing the tracking force slightly.

Jim

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
I wish this was on vinyl. Been listening to Gov't Mule alot. "Live At The Roseland Ballroom.Getting the ole head bob going. The foot tapping. Doing some Who "Quadraphenia" Wasn't always a fan of Daltry. Oh well I'm sure he go over. I do like Porcupine Tree when I'm in this kind of mood. Drank my first whole glass in 3 1/2 weeks. So far so good. Looking at some Allimus flower bulbs. I miss my hard drive with the tunes on it 1tb of music. I think the HD in my laptop has XP. Now I have to find it. If I sent it to anyone please send it back. Bought into Gold futures today. Some very good tunes. LOL Been writing on this for over an hour. LOL Put a little more weight on the cart. 1.63 gm. Bought some different rose seeds. Going to grow from seed.

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Then I would say improved, to light and you can damage the Lp. Aside from the fact you are not getting all of the information if you don't make it deep enough in the groove.

Jim

Last edited:

speakerman1

Tagline
Thank you sir. This is AM by GMT. LOL Just letting the tape do its thing. I must of been doing drugs. LOL One LP never mind that woman singer is on. LOL May have to fast forward. Diana Krall I did the test LP and it purred like a kitten. It tracked the wide grooves. Noisy LP. Some Elp. I never label my tapes. I figuer if the are my tapes I must like the musik. LOL At the point of spell check. LOL The 707 is next on tghe bench. I may have to buy another. May use the headphone amp out of it for the tube output on the DAC. Some people are very foolish

speakerman1

Tagline
Kenny Wayne Sheppard Band "Trouble Is" Wondering what I can get into. Scared Carly to death. LOL Had the SE deck hooked up to the Carys. Had everything turned down. Hit play WOW full wattage all at once. I forgot I didn't have an output control. LOL Nando if no one else wan't to join us we can always swap a tape. My cart tracked the Shure record just fine. The Nak put some lowend out. It was shaking the floor. I think I can give you a pretty good mix with just vinyl.Trying to figure out the news media. What ever happened to objective reporting? Nixon lied about a break in and no one was killed. 4 Americans killed. Opened my window today. I can't get my screen on. Well I didn't close it all the way. Walked in and there were 20 in the room. I have no clue where stink bugs come from. Wasp and Hornet spray would not kill them. Window cleaner did though. I have 2 stuck in between the panes. LOL

This is my new med. I'm LMBO. I have dropped 35 lbs. Oh here it is. http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Remeron

Remember many fall and winter nights out in the woods. We would have a hut. Wood stove, chairs , boom box. LOL The Beagle called the Beagle. LOL just walk through the woods by the light of the moon. Was raised in the woods. Go play was all that had to be said. LOL Sunday riding horses all in the woods. A deer can be laying down and the horse can walk right up on them. We had a cash crop. 70s rock.LOL Go figure. LOL

speakerman1

Tagline
Testing decks and music. I have 4 HD8s. Doing Porcupine Tree in my testing. Thinking about Bi-wiring don't think my Dynaco can handle the cables. The 1200 still makes a bad tape. PB is higher than I set the peaks. Going to try the 2000 next. Will be back. This is a good box set.

speakerman1

Tagline
Good morning Haven't listened to a CD in a long time. I'm listening to my 1000.00 system less speakers This was my 1st Yamaha deck. This 1200 can slay a few Naks. Still like my 1000 though Listening to Led III. Recording. I remember the days of having 3 tape machines in one rack having to use a DBX. Graham do you think you loose any think by not pushing the peaks farther into the red? You say volume will help. If you saturate I agree then you have pushed it to far. The tapes I use will take a +6 db all day long. John Bonham does some good work on this LP. They do some strange recording on this one. On the traveling tape I'll send 3 HD 8s and 3 Phoenix. Record what you want on the Phoenix. I want to hear the difference. Not to brag but to critique it and see. ELP "Tarkus" . Even listening this low you can hear the difference in the keyboards. Some good Piano work. Sold a Tascam yesterday. 1 gone. LOL Will clean it up and get ready to ship. Use this for a test tape. I started this post this AM. LOL Just put Golden Earring "Naked Truth" on. Still pretty noisy. Sounds soooooo good. Good acoustic work. LOL Nando I found the test tape the other day. LOL Back then I was eating 40 mgs of Clonazapam at a whack. No wonder I didn't want to do anything. LOL Took 2 at 7 and I just woke up. LOL

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: That's quite a number of tapes for this latest Travelling Tape project. I, usually, follow the manufacturer's recommendation for peak recording input levels. In fact, now I like to keep my peak recording levels in the +3dB range for Type IIs, regardless of the brand of tape. You found the Test Tape. That is a good tape, as I remember. My only complaints with the Phoenix Blue, is the shell is not as dense as other cassettes out there. The printing on the shell does seem to wipe off with repeated handling, too.

I picked up a couple of new CDs: the newest Sheepdogs ( http://www.thesheepdogs.com/) and the band Squackett. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squackett) I haven't played either, yet.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
On the Phoenix they went with a new shell. Don't know what ink they are using. The origenal shells were made in the the US. Just like everything else. Good gets gone. LOL This is one bad LP. Fill them up have fun enjoy. Surprise everyone. I haven't even thought about tapes. I have to climb in the loft this week so I will see. What I recorded yesterday was very seldom in the red at all. LOL Must be because of my age. LOL I know the ink I iI used left an impression if I tried to clean it off. LOL Better to have to many tapes. Or does Graham want to start?