AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I do a ramble on ST in the mornings what I am listening to. Plus I ramble about whatever strikes my fancy. So who knows what I will talk about. Will talk later. Well this is the 1st time in a long time I have just sat down and cranked some jams. This Black Country Communion is a definitively a keeper. Very good jams. If you don't have it I suggest you look for it. It is a good CD. Their new one comes out in June. Man I love this Creek amp. You know it is a good system when you would rather listen to the speakers than head phones. Wish I still got high. I would be smoking some right now and jammin. Guess I could take about 20 pain meds. LOL Some times I do miss it. I use to get some great weed. I use to grow some great weed.

Jerry come on up. We will jam a little. I would like a second opinion on my systems. I'll send the wife away and we can just jam. No work all play. Put some 2 lb sirloins on the grill. And just relax. Wish you all could be here. If you want to come I have an extra futon and plenty of room for sleeping bags and 1 air mattress.
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
It has been awhile since I have done this. Since I'm trying this new amp I would do it this morning. They say good things come in little packages. This is just crazy. Listening to Chickenfoot. This amp sounds very good. This is my amp. We have talked a deal about selling the 150 WPC mono-blocks. I will put it against my tube amp today. When the new tubes get here. The X-Amp has about twice the power; but it is sounding sweet.

Stuwee Mark said no problem pushing the Logans. It is nice playing with new toys. They did have a problem with the ground loop on some of the amps. He told me to run a 2 prong power cable and a 3 prong and see. I have no 2 prongs.

There is no ventilation on this amp and it is still cool to the touch. Wish I had the money to start building these again. I am amazed. I don't even have my fancy ICs hooked to it.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Awesome :albino: , do I get to try this amp out? 75wpc might be a little thin for me, those 150 monos would do the trick, since they're small and run cool, I could place them behind the speakers. Or on the shelf above the woofers behind the panels. The shelf is 12" wide by 9" deep. Hard to see from the pic. I guess they could hang over the edge a bit.
What kind of speaker output jacks are used on the amp?
I already have the dedicated/grounded outlets right there to plug the speakers into. That is, as long as the monos don't have the ground loop issue you mentioned. Short speaker cable runs = better sonics

Oooo, and wire up some big blue Marantz VU's for the TV stand in between :toothy7: :toothy7:

edit: post #666 for the stumiester :twisted:

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Well this is bad. 3 new Cds and I really haven't heard one of them and I'm smoking to much because I'm in the garage. Well I got a new tube for the phono amp. We shall see in a few mins. If it was worth it. It is 5 am can you say wake the neighbors. LOL And the wife who knows. I might get a divorce today. I feel kinds cantankerous. LOL Back in a min.

Just put the new Satriani in. You can tell it is Joe for sure. If you like Joe you will like this CD. The Black Country is very good. Some good Rock and Roll. This CD doesn't sound like Chickenfoot. Don't know how he can change his style so much. Burning the new tube on the amp. See if I can tell a difference. Just got done ordering 300 of the weird shells. See what I mean. I sit down at this desk and there is something to always do. Found some clear cassette labels. I may have one more order to do.. Joe be Jammin as he usually does. This is a good CD.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry, when do you take a day off? It's the weekend. Lee and I destress by putting a rod in the water. Are the tips of your fingers tarnished yellow from letting the cigarette burn down to the filter, while you're working? That's my dad's favourite pose, as those ciggies spend more time there than being inhaled. He rolls his own. Don't most seniors?

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Elite-ist said:
Larry, when do you take a day off? It's the weekend. Lee and I destress by putting a rod in the water. Are the tips of your fingers tarnished yellow from letting the cigarette burn down to the filter, while you're working? That's my dad's favourite pose, as those ciggies spend more time there than being inhaled. He rolls his own. Don't most seniors?

Nando.
Working in the yard helps. I have sent emails. Am listening to the new tube now. Have to let it burn in some more. Just ordered a wireless outdoor speaker so I won't mind working as much. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I'm cheap and am not going to turn on the A/C yet. So no tubes this morning. No I remember why I liked this Creek. We be jammin. Doing some live AC-DC. Bass is pounding out of the little Epos. I haven't had the Creek going in awhile about 6 months I guess. So we aren't cranking yet; but we will soon. I promise you. Next is some BOC. I love the song Godzilla. Will try some other stuff soon. Not many people talk about Creek. I gotta say sounds good to my ears.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well Good Morning People. I fell asleep at 4:30 and woke up awhile ago. Did over 300 tapes yesterday. I'm in the sound room. Listening to the new Steve Miller. Good CD. It doesn't sound like old Steve Miller. Lots of good blues. It seems a lot of the old rockers are going to the blues side of things. Can't really jam yet the better half of this relationship is sleeping. I could crank it; but the cranking machine isn't here. LOL This is a good CD.

Have A Good Day
Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Good Morning to you too sir! I'm off to give the little Xamp another workout :twisted:

Got some Zep, Rush, Who all lined up, classic rock Saturday for me, then some Alan Parsons to get me ready for the SubClones, be sure to let us know when facebook says its coming to a store nearby please :thumbleft:

speakerman1

Tagline
Morning Guys
Listening to some Janis this morning. Haven't listened to Janis in awhile. Just sitting here thinking. Lot of stuff to ship today. Or get ready to ship tomorrow. Went to Lowes yesterday. They gave me 10% off because I'm a vet.

Stocked some shells I got. Have to get this garage cleaned up. I can't even get to my soldering station. LOL Chemicals sitting every where. Had to send a customer a pic of all my color shells. I buy a little at a time. LOL this was 300. Tried to build the book case for my yamahas. It is held square by the back. Which is cardboard. Almost threw it out.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Morning Guys
Got the tubes going right now. Got some The Toxic Airborne Event " All At Once" . It came yesterday along with a bunch of CDs packed in a box. LOL Lee says there are 13 there. I might even get to hear them today. It is speaker day some of the day. So I will be posting pics today. I did get a Ray Charles Live CD also. Well worked on the speakers. Just put the Ray in. It is sounding good. Good I have so much work to do all I do is shake my head. LOL It is a good work environment.

Don't feel like doing any thing today. Am jamming to Ray. I was in Seattle years ago on Pike St. Heard Ray playing really loud. Wondered who would play Ray that loud. Got to the end of the buildings and guess what. Ray was down on the pier playing. So I just went over the fence and sat on top of the hill and listened to the concert. It was great. Sure brought a smile to my face.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Just got to one of my favorite songs. Georgia On My Mind. The flute is like it is right here. I had to stop typing. That makes me think I have a pretty good system. This is suppose to be his only live CD.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I'm listening to some very good music on my tubes this AM. Forgot and left them on all night. Must have been 90 in here.

Well I don't know if you guys ever dropped little orange pills or purple ones or ate paper in the 70s. Well I'm listening to the music Lee sent. Shpongle. It brings back some old memories.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Don't know bout all that. Used to call it 4-way windowpane. Good enough you had better split it up.
Larry when you get the Normans done and the 700 is there, Track 2 of "Tales of the Inexpressible" Star Shpongled Banner is a killer test song . Also the "Zoo" is Billy Thorpe and Mick Fleetwood.

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
Don't know bout all that. Used to call it 4-way windowpane. Good enough you had better split it up.
Larry when you get the Normans done and the 700 is there, Track 2 of "Tales of the Inexpressible" Star Shpongled Banner is a killer test song . Also the "Zoo" is Billy Thorpe and Mick Fleetwood.

Dude I have gotten it out of a vial and had a drop put on my tongue. Yes the window was defiantly clear when it was open. No you never did a 4 way.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I am glad Lee introduced me to Shpongle with some gift CDs he gave me, along with a fantastic deal for his Pioneer SG-9500 equalizer. I recorded about 40 minutes of Shpongle cuts for audiocollector (retrokeeper Rob) onto a Fuji FR IIS cassette, and I plan to use more Shpongle tracks for other mix tapes I will be recording.

Nando.