AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Billy Thorpe is doing his tune Children Of The Sun Revisited. Very good Cd.Think I will get the shelves for my one rack and get it together. We close Wed. or Thur. which is cool. Think I have some rain coming in. Almost have my dining area cleaned out. 2 big Supreme Court decisions today. Arizona immigration law and Obama Care. Will know today how it is going to go. Did the AG spend millions fighting these laws to loose. HMMMMMM I am not happy with the spending all this money. Oh well we shall see.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Just put some Johnny Lang on. Pretty good tunes. Some very bad tunes going on at the Mellette house this morning. It is raining. Haven't turned on the AC yet.

Very good tunes. The boy can play.

speakerman1

Tagline
We close on the house loan tomorrow. Which is cool. My back has me down for the count. I am a hurting unit. Just put some Joe Walsh on. But Seriously Folks. Almost ready to pull this out and put it in the LR. Emailed Cary for some LEDs. Not happy at all. May email the guys in Canada who use to do Shanling upgrades. Will see how much.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Have almost put all my gear up. Oh listening to Donna And The Buffalo. Good CD. I play it alot. Thank you Jim. I like the song from Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Pretty funny movie. LOL Kinda excited about getting my room done. Scared to take any more muscle relaxers. LOL I was asleep before 9 pm. But I got up at 4 am. Thinking today. I am going to put my decks in their own rack. Get rid of the bookcase. Have to label my manual binders.

Larry

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I just ordered 2 more and one more by Tara Nevins who sings and plays the fiddle for them.

How is the one you are refering to, I haven't heard it.

Jim

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I am spending a lot of money today. Oh listening to Steely Dan. Not a big fan. It will take me weeks to pick my components. Just took a pic of my music cat. LOL Man to me over 50,000.00 is a lot of money. I'll save over 400.00 a month. I had to do it. That is a lot of money. I all ways freak on this day. It is not a good day for me. Let us keep this in prospective here. I am borrowing over 140,000.00 today.

Just put Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show. Super Hits. Some good jams. Here is the definition digital jitter. To me it is like you blinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have so much to do. Who does music like Dr. Hook today? Thinking about this jitter. That is one of the reason I like separate components to do as little as possible. It is worth it even putting more cable in the loop. The benefits over come the diminishing parts of it. That is my thinking on the more components. I guess the question is would you pay over 500.00 for a tubed USB DAC? I would. Only if I thought it would improve the sound coming from the laptop. Been thinking of building a dedicated music tower. I am thinking an AMD quad core. I can over clock it a little and still not have to cool the processor. I can do 4 fans on my tower. Haven't picked a board yet. The memory I picked has jumped 40.00. Here is my cat. LOL

Larry

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to Supertramp. Don't listen to them very often. I need to get some Talking Heads. Don't think I have any. Lee what Ohm attenuator is in the Carver Preamp? I'm getting a little pop as I hit every step going up in volume. Trust me I'm not trying to be ungrateful. It is a very nice preamp. I am very pleased. I hope the Larry Special will sound as good.

Here is a bad pic of the Dynaco. Should get the binding posts tomorrow. Will go diving then. Was going to put a brick sidewalk in. Think I'm going to do a pathway of Thyme. It isn't like it gets walked 100s of times a day. LOL Almost have the fountain done. Have to put a longer hose on it and she will be done. Finish painting the inside. Some pretty good jams going on.

Have A Good Day
Larry

Attachments

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I have Breakfast in America - Supertramp. I've had others but there are some things that got lost along the way in my youth, along with some talking heads

speakerman1

Tagline
Just put some Van Zant in. Brother to Brother. Not a real big fan. I just put it on because hadn't listened to it in a long time. Found some speaker wire I can use on the Dynaco. 12 AWG with spade connectors. Have to get my hand truck in here and I could finalize the sound room. Start carrying the Cary gear out. LOL

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
Just put some Van Zant in. Brother to Brother. Not a real big fan. I just put it on because hadn't listened to it in a long time. Found some speaker wire I can use on the Dynaco. 12 AWG with spade connectors. Have to get my hand truck in here and I could finalize the sound room. Start carrying the Cary gear out. LOL
I haven't listened to that in a while but I remember liking it. I have the other 3 VAN ZANT albums but "Brother To Brother" was my favorite.

speakerman1

Tagline
Watching Rolling Stones Living In Exile. Wow the movie is over. Been trouble shooting no sound. Don't think I have analog out . So I must find some way to DAC. I have been working on this post since 6 am. LOL I'm thinking pretty hard about the Music Hall USB DAC.. Watching AC DC. And listening. Dudes tubes will spoil you. Had to bring in the Tone Controls. Don't like using them. May bring the Creek in here and take the Pre and Dynaco to the Living room. We be jammin this AM. May be looking for tubed Dynaco. Nice little amp.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Got the mess cleaned up?? Didn't listewn to the news for 4 days, you guys got SMACKED by some weather eh?

speakerman1

Tagline
Yea. storms don't scare me. I've lived through Hurricanes, Tornadoes hitting 2 blocks away with the warning horns blaring. LOL I go to sleep. LOL I don't care. LOL I don't do stupid stuff though.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Watching It May Get Loud. Woodstock is next. Last time I watched it. Was VHS. LOL long time ago. Scared to listen to music thru this DVD player. LOL I know it will be horrendous. LOL

larrt

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
laatsch55 said:
Got the mess cleaned up?? Didn't listewn to the news for 4 days, you guys got SMACKED by some weather eh?
I gots me PTSD from no power for 2 (goddamn) days... was ready to pitch a tent in the backyard, since airflow through the house really wasn't very good.

Generator... aye.. we will have a generator here, very soon. I'm NOT going through that shit again. And yeah, I say at least a damn effort ought to be made to bury the damn things...

grrr... lol