AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Sitting here jamming. I hate ebay. Time for Larry to start paying for his keep. Johnny Lang do it. Just put some Warren Haynes. These tweeters have mellowed. Have to check bias. Never in my widest dreams did I think I would ever own a system this nice. You have to figure I have been doing this for about 10 years hard. If I have ever offended anyone on here I would like to apologize.

Should I go get the Onix? Give your head a shake if you think I don't know which CDP is the best. I wonder what the modded Shanling sounded like. Wonder if there is a mod for the Onix. I'm laughing at my cat. She follows me like a puppy. She is sitting in my lap. She hears music she knows it is going to be a good day for her. LOL

The moon is still out. Guess I'm going to pull a tooth today. LOL So I am getting over the weather. Not paying 300.00 for something I did as a kid for free. LOL Thinking if I should even try the Onix maybe I will be surprised. LOL Don't think so though.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
Na, send that junk to me.
Dude you don't want my junk it would just sit around like it does at my house.

Haven't turned on my system yet. Been thinking a lot. This audio journey has been fun and real. Just not real fun. It has gotten to be a headache for me. By Thursday I will have made my decision. My garage will probably be cleaned out Friday. My last 3 orders have been a major point of grief for me. I don't need it. Carly said she would just clean it out. I agree. Anything I don't want will be gone. Time to cut my losses and walk away. If anyone wants the stuff. Bring a pretty big truck. If you take one piece you take it all. I'm not shipping anymore. I hate packing them. I have some things to ship. They were promised. I'm done. I have so much crap it isn't funny. I want to walk in my garage. To answer the question. Did I make any money. LOL THINK ABOUT IT! I have 200 Blue Labels stashed. Don't think I will need more tapes.

I hope I have treated everyone fair in our dealings. Lee, Jerry and Graham I will email and explain. I have learned a lot in this journey. Some good and some bad. When something interferes with my Karma I get upset. It has nothing to do with anyone else. It is all me on that. I'm the groundskeeper of my Aura. I am my hardest critic. I do not like questioning my actions or lack there of. I have to get back to certain place I have been. My Aura isn't as clean as it should be.

PLEASE Don't email me or PM me. Nothing is wrong. To answer your questions I am crazy. Nothing more nothing less. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day I will. I'm about to partake and listen to Donna and The Buffalo. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to it again. Here different parts everyday. LOL I can't sit still long enough to hear it. No remote and I am lazy. LOL

Hate messing with the Hafler. Need to put a doubler on the RCAs. Some of my wires weigh a little more than it likes. HMMMM Listening to the bass on this. I'm liking it. Nice blend. accurate but not booming. I have cranked the Bass up and see how hard I could rattle the windows. LOL

Thought about testing some ICs. Hate messing with wires. Need to turn off the preamp and bias the amps. Just did the bias. Was right where I set it. May roll the 6550s to the KT-88s.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I have listen to this Billy Thorpe CD a bunch. Never heard it like this. This is when your ears perk up. The tingles start going up you spine. A big smile comes across your face. You know you have hit upon the motherlode of sound. Lee I feel bad that I have these amps sitting here. You have no idea my friend. I'm LMBO this is what they mean about synergy. LOL More like a Larry moment. I take all the credit. I picked these components. My ears are going crazy following the sound on the channels. Just put some Steely Dan on. You can pretty much pick the shortcomings in a system pretty well with them playing.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larry believe it or not, i like that you appreciate them as you do. They found the right home, if it has made your year that just tickles the shit outta me, after all--what's a couple K between friends anyway?? I'm happy with what I have and you're happy with what you have. Jani and I have been talking about taking a whirlwind tour of the southeast and northeast and visit as many members as we can in a ten day stretchion the fall sometime. So I'm gonna hear em sometime, I may cry, but they will be tears of joy that you have found something you can live with for awhile. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
Larry believe it or not, i like that you appreciate them as you do. They found the right home, if it has made your year that just tickles the shit outta me, after all--what's a couple K between friends anyway?? I'm happy with what I have and you're happy with what you have. Jani and I have been talking about taking a whirlwind tour of the southeast and northeast and visit as many members as we can in a ten day stretchion the fall sometime. So I'm gonna hear em sometime, I may cry, but they will be tears of joy that you have found something you can live with for awhile. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Just put some Blackfoot on. Been along time since I have listened to them. Maybe I know why. May hook up the TV today. Bad CD that didn't last long. Just went to Eagles Hell Freezes Over. One of my favorite CDs. I have a few Cds that I always have. This is one of them. This tour is when the guys figured they could charge over 100.00 a person and they would get it. So now that is the norm. I have some Metallica. Don't like giving them money after what they started. Was not cool at all.

I may have the place cleaned up by then. LOL Joe Walsh has a new CD out.

This is not Mach 8 music. Need to pull the PT gear out. Not as crisp with it in. Sounds very good. Just not as good as the tube outputs. Having a nice rainy day here. I love it. Joe can play the acoustic of Hotel California very well. Very Good jam. I need to make a tape. Need to let people know about a very good tape and what good recordings you guys can do. I set one record company up. Makes very good tapes.

Have a Good day I am. LOL
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
In negotiations on the tape gear. LOL My stipulation is if you take one you have taken it all. I want my garage. I will still sell things. Just not cassettes.

I will be happy to get things dropped ship to you. I always have good prices.

Just put a CD that is called Monster Jazz on. Some very good jams.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to Led at the moment. Not many deep thoughts today. LOL Just had my termite insp. done. Refi is coming here. LOL Below 4% rate. Which in my book is pretty cool.

We needed this rain bad. Looking around to get into something. Unpacking things in the sound room. Anyone have any cassette box set. All complete but the Beatles. Have some CDs also. Not many though.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
So the refi went through?? Check the "amp schemin" section. The X'er tranny is posted in there.

speakerman1

Tagline
@ 7:30 AM I am listening to Kenny Wayne Shepard on the deck. Inside listening to Joe. Pretty good CD. Planting flowers this am. Will mow front yard at 9 AM. Sound room is getting closer to moving the Components in and get rid of the big rug going with several small ones.

Getting my tool kits together. Have my TT box with all things I have for TTs. Have to do some fixing on the CD rack. I am getting there. Have all my tubes boxed up. Was going to buy a laser measuring kit. LOL I found mine while sorting. It has a level also. Planted 2 new flowers. Man I have a lot of wall warts. LOL I would take pics. I am shaking this AM.
Have a very good day. I am

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Sort of being a jerk. LOL This CDP makes me stop and jam a bit. LOL This is Joe as only Joe can be. I listen to his words. LOL He cracks me up.

Was sitting thinking about work ethics. My goal was to make them a lot of money. That way you could get by with alot. LOL Never understood people who would say they don't pay me enough to do that. I would ask them if they were getting paid what they said yes to. If I agreed to 8.00 I still worked at 110%. That is what we agreed to. If I thought it wasn't enough I wouldn't take it.

I got to set my price on one job. I went for 28.00 with 20 of that tax free. They wanted me to go to Mexico to Seattle as a flying mech. Pick where I wanted to live. Got mad. This lead on 2nd shift was sending his guys home when we had work. I had to rig a door one night. Well I went in. Here sat this lead. Said I needed to quit talking about him. I was getting burned by him not doing any work. I may have 2 planes flying in the morning and I had to pull inspections and fix any squawks. Well they grounded the plane for a day. Went out and marked the leak around the door. Got my play-do out. Shut the door. took my measurement. 20 mins. Later I was pressurizing. No leaks. OPs CHK GD. Packed my tools and went out the gate. No one talks to me like that especially when my bank acct. is good and full. LOL

Well these guys sent me to Balt. to trouble shot a compass. They also sent an old timer from Chicago. An aircraft god. Ask him he would tell you so. LOL It was a flux valve. I can't explain it so please don't ask. Well he fixed it, Yea he didn't do squat. He signed it off. I said what are you doing? You have to swing the compass. He goes no you don't. Well we were landing at Dulles. They come on the horn. Do not got to the gate you have to swing the compass. They wanted to know where to go. I told them Hagerstown MD. Asked how I knew. I just started laughing. LOL Well we get there and we go to the compass rose. Usually you have a tug to move the plane around. LOL We didn't. The old timer told me to do it. So I start marshaling them into position. I did the best I could. I had one tire on the line. Well here he comes. Tells me he would do it. LOL I said no problem. He was 4 inches off the line. I started laughing again. I was getting off the plane and the captain stopped me. He goes good job. In my world most pilots are not going to even talk to the mechs if they don't have to. Things like that would bring a smile on my face. The reason I knew Hagerstown I worked there. The A-10 was built there. I was working on 27s there. I quit once well twice because they didn't give me my 90 day raise. Well I had to rig the ailerons. Got it done went home. The sun was coming up. They called my hotel room. You need to come back to work. LOL I said I'll be there at 3:30 when my shift starts. Well I get there and the people from the start up airline were there. They called me in their office. Asked if I wanted a job. The reason he tells me this. Is because that was the 1st plane he ever flew hands off. I said aren't they all suppose to. When I rig I rig to the numbers. No +- for me. These things made me proud.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Just put some good blues on. Can't remember who it is. Think it is Warren Haynes. I get like this I can't remember squat. LOL Was just out in the garage packing things. Going to do one big shipping day. So if you are expecting something from me. By Monday I hope to have a lot going out. I have 5 pieces no I have 6 peaces ready to go and that isn't even 1/4. LOL Don't worry I know who all gets something.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Thanks guys. I am falling in love with music all over again. Listening to Gary Moore. Live At Montrenx 2010. Very good CD. Both of my red LEDs went out on the Carys. I have a Sanus case that holds my LPs. It looks nice but it is big. Man this is a good CD. Looking at my book case with the Yamaha decks. May put them in their own rack. I have a few manuals that could go in the book case. Yes sir ree Bob.

Think I will put the Epos 12.2s in. Everyone who heard them at my store loved them. They sound a lot bigger than they are. No words of wit today. Was going to pack some boxes today. LOL It can wait.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
What can you say. Alan Parsons is still jamming. Yea know I never thought I would own a system this nice. It is out of my league that is for sure. I am not bragging. I just can't believe it sometimes. It may really sound like crap. But I like it. LOL I would like to thank the people who helped me do this. Without some of you this would not have happened. Very few things in life have tickled me. It has taken me 45 min.s to type this little bit. LOL I have a very good life that is for sure.
Thanks Guys
Larry