AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Listening to John Mayer this morning. Heard this guy 4 years ago. He started me on my Blues/Rock or Rock/Blues journey. Nando was I suppose to make you a tape? Wonder when I will run out of Phoenix tapes. Really don't care if another sells. LOL I have a stash hermetically sealed for my enjoyment. I go on my tangents don't I? Jerry still wished the meters move. Before I buy something I read about it. If there is no reviews I probably won't buy it. I like the reviews though. People give 2 stars because they didn't read the directions. LOL It is the thing they ordereds fault they were stupid. Just like life. Couldn't have been me. I grew up very poor and had a Mother that hated me. The only reason I was there growing up was because she was my Mother and she had an obligation to support me. Well not support me. Put a roof over my head. I was enough like my father for her to look at me and see him. I never gave myself the option of blaming others for my life. Usually the best blame is your environment growing up. My sister still does. I have spoken twice to my sister in over 30 years. Can't stand her. The next to the last time she called my Mother and threatened her. I called her and told her that if she did it again. She would wake up to a bunch of Harleys on her yard. They would come in and gang rape her and burn her house to the ground with her in it. I don't make threats. If I do trust me I certainly mean to keep them. The last time. My Mom was very sick. They called us in for my Mother's last wishes. Everyone was there. The Executor of my Mom's estate. My sister and my Nephew who was getting most of it. They started talking to me and asking me what I wanted. She sat there and got mad. she asked them what about me? They looked at her and told her you have no say he is the oldest. If it wasn't that my Mom was sick I would have cracked up right there. The last time we talked was picking out the headstone. I had picked the casket, the ministers,what day, the showing. I asked for opinions.She was mad and started her temper tantrum in front of my friends who owned the monument service. I looked at her and told her that this was not a game she would win. She use to come and visit the family here. She thinks I have talked about her. She would. I have never really spoken about her. Waste of my breath. When they do the I was so poor growing up. I laugh some of them hit home. LOL

My back hurts. Thinking about having to level out part of my yard. Pino Palidino playing some mean bass. I have a very good life. If I need or think I need a toy I figure out a way to get it. LOL I'm a little over the weather at the moment. My portfolio is starting to make me money now. One stock has jumped 29%. I can handle that. LOL All of them I am only down at the most is 1.3%. This is going to be my retirement. My wife has no idea how much money I have. LOL

just finished watching the movie Grand Rapids. Funny Movie.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Larry: It looks like you may have your hands full with extra work around the place. Don't worry about a mix tape for me until I get one to you first. I had been busy for almost two weeks at work helping rectify an issue with an underground 8" PCV line which ultimately required us (3) to replace the entire run of about 150'.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to Ozzy this morning. I have to start sleeping more. This sucks. Just did a pumice rub on my walnut. Doing the hand rubbing with my cordless drill. Heard thunder last night. Will see. I need to turn parts on my back yard under. Really need to rake both yards. Hoping I have enough stain to do what is left on the deck.

Been doing the rubbing. May get some deck cleaner and high pressure wash today. Need shorter bolts for the speakers. Cut the pads down in a bit. May start finishing the walnut boards.

Just put the Eagles on. Sprayed my glasses with something. I can't see out of them. LOL My speakers weigh 72 lbs each. They were lighter than my CD case. LOL

I don't know I was very drunk at the time. LOL Just Joe Banamassa On. About to spray my sidewalk with wolf pee. The lady letting her dogs pee on my yard. When I'm out here I watch them. They better not let me catch them. I think I shot all the wild onion yesterday. No use to do the deck till it stops raining. Sutton I am getting there. These speaker boxes are kicking my butt. Well I put the clip on the deck. Is a bad motor. Have to try a few tricks before I change it out. A few things are wrong. Sutton did the deck always stay on metal tape. This deck has some issues. Will try something more. Try another transport.

Have A Nice Day I'm going back to bed. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Hope I can find a working transport for Sutton. May pull the front off and put it on another deck. So I am getting no where thanks to me. Listening to Blondie.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to The Shins. Don't ask. I haven't a clue. Just went to Bruce Hornsby. May go with some Billy Joel. 6 AM and we be doing some music. Little over the weather. Working on the walnut. Going to do 3 coats. Then start sanding tomorrow. Taking this part very slow.

Thought it was going to rain. Didn't happen. Built the patio 2 years ago. So the grill has been on it awhile. Been looking at a gazebo to cover my whole deck. I use to have a nice deck. The yard and the deck have kicked my butt last year. Speaking of meat. Will have to order another 1/4 beef. Well it is time to get to work. LOL

Have A Good Day.
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to some Blues this AM. This guy was recommended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmqlp-bE ... re=related. I listen for about an hour to an artist before I will buy any of his work. Some bad recordings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF8rszl- ... yFS8Ld_MzS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPfq_OH ... re=related

Went to Spotify. Had a few LPs. I can't share Spotify here. There is a big difference in sound. Listening to 2010 CD. Was reading about the streaming music servers. Spotify was one of the best. Not my opinion. Didn't know that. I found it by mistake. Does sound good though.

have A Good Day
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Little over the weather. Beautiful morning. Gotta love it. I have a story to tell. I was coming home from Seattle on a bus. Oh what a joy. Well I was coming from North of Seattle. Had a layover of about 10 hours to get to SC. Wanted a bar. Went 2 blocks and found this bar. It was Sunday. They had a game on so I just went in and sat down. I was there and a free beer showed up. Well about an hour before I found out it was a gay bar. I laughed and kept drinking. It was just a bar to me. I didn't care who was in it. I had been in them before. They usually know I'm cool. I'm not there to judge anyone. Then it just becomes a bunch of guys.

Well a 2nd free beer showed up. There was a guy at the end of the bar. Little drunk. He was sending me the beers. I didn't know who or why someone would send me free bear.FREE BEER I don't ask and I don't tell. He got a little upset I didn't respond to 2 beers. I was told he was upset. I told them to tell him I'm not that cheap. LOL Every one but him knew I wasn't gay I guess. My respone sort of upset him. LOL He went to get off his bar stool. They grabbed him. I didn't do or say anything.I acted as if nothing was going on. He might have kicked my butt. I think it would have been a good fight. Sometimes it is best to just like nothing is going on to avoid the fight. If someone starts to give you grief. Just look at them with that I don't care look and shake yuor head no. Won't go any further. LOL

Larry

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
HOLY CRAP. When was THAT?!

AM Listening: Don Byas, early 50's on Pandora. Mix of Coleman Hawkins, Dexter Gordon + various. I'd call this station- "lullaby Jazz" as it could put one to sleep with the mellow and smooth sounds.

It's perfect lately as I listen to relax. It works.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I didn't ask what you would do, I asked what the proper protocol would be!!! We already read what you :lol: did!!

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to the new Red Hot Chili Peppers. Sounds a lot like old RHCP. I'm not a big fan; but I listen. I have a big smile on my face this morning. I live a very mellow life style with the help of my friends. I'm about to throw this keyboard. LOL I pick and chose the wars I want to fight. There are not very many that is for sure. It just isn't me. It use to not be that way. I'm happy I have changed. I look back at those days and just shake my head. I thought everyone lived that way. I have some stories. You wouldn't believe. Just plain crazy.

Here is one. I was in this redneck bar in Arkansas. I was pretty drunk at the time. LOL My brother in law was there with me. I weighed about 135 lbs. Well this big redneck came over and started messing with me. My brother in law told him to stop. I didn't say a word. Well he threatened me and started towards me. I jumped up and grabbed his ear. Told him in no uncertain terms I would rip his ear off as I twist it. Let me tell you. If you are twisting someones ear hard. They start to wonder if you can. LOL My brother in law is setting there going I told you man. The guy left. The bartender bought me a beer. He was laughing his butt off. I learned in life pretty early how to fight big guys. We didn't know what a bully was. I was a little guy. I didn't take any crap though. Now days your feelings get hurt WAAAAAA. Get over it. I wasn't billy bad butt but you weren't going to mess with me. I am glad I have changed.

Have A Good Day
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well time to throw my old garage radio away. Listening to a CD. Don't know which one. Time to hook up the HK and see what sounds good. May replace the Onkyo with the Parasound. Oh this is a CD that Jim sent me. Now I remember. Think it is the blurgrass band. Could be Donna and the Buffalo.

Very early. Just a wee bit of pain. Did something yesterday while doing my deck. Hard to sit on this stool. It is the bluegrass guys. singing Oh Brother Where Art Though. True Bluegrass uses no amplified instruments.

Another Larry story. LOL

Well I worked for a little construction company. We were building a stable and fence for a new millionaire. Wife was a snob. That is a nice way of putting it. Well they were having a party for their city friends. 2 days and 10 kegs. Live music from noon till 2 am. LOL I had just about anything you wanted. The cash crop had been picked. LOL We were in a hollow so people were complying on the ridge 5 miles away about the music. We were across the road from a deputy. His family left for the weekend. Well he got the call for noise. Well he pulls in and I'm holding a bong. He walks right up to me. I can't hide it. It would look bad. He goes Larry put that thing somewhere. If I can't see it I can't do anything. He walks off tells them to turn down the music. Pretty cool. The city folk thought we were just hicks till they got to know us. LOL

let me tell you about this stable. The walls were block and all the lumber was green rough cut oak. I had to mix the mortar by hand no electricity. No running water. Had to carry the water from a creek. I mixed mud, carried blocks and struck them. 2 guys laying. I worked 4 days a week. On Friday I was dead.

The lumber they tried to kill me again. I off bore the sawmill. I then loaded the cut lumber on the truck. Then I got a ride of about 5 mins going back to the site. LOL Then I unloaded the truck and started building. Ever lifted a 12 foot 2x10 oak board all day long.
Then you climb up and nail after you got a bunch up there. You use the heaviest hammer you can to drive nails so you don't tap you hit it.

This guy became a millionaire by putting an option on a building that he found out NASA was going to buy. He made a 100% profit in one month. His Daddy did it for him. Gotta love the US of A.

I worked hard. My mother taught me that. Work hard but smart.

Have A Nice day
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Jim very good CD. Thanks

Been thinking. I want to get this 1000 going. May have a bad output slider. If not I need a tech. May be the head is bad. If so I will cry. LOL

Larry

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Donna the Buffalo is kind of unique, not true Bluegrass as you state, kinda of raggae bluegrass which doesn't sound like the two should be together but comes out pretty good.

I am a fan of true Bluegrass as well, give a look on youtube for Old and In the Way, some good bluegrass.

Jim

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Larry your story made me think of one...

Quite awhile ago I was a deck-hand on a lobster boat. Pulling, cleaning out, banding lobsters, baiting and trap stacking was the most physically intense work I've ever done. The two of us would run the boat. The captain would drive, gaff the buoy's and reel in them in with a machine. The rest was up to me.

We would start early and end early. I remember typically getting home at 2pm and I would have about enough energy to clean myself in the shower and truly pass out for hours.

Apparently boaters, usually tourist speed boats were suppose to stay clear of lobster boats because of the wake created would toss the boats from side to side. One day this guy flew by about 100 yards away and it just pissed off the captain. So he turned the boat around and chased him toward the shore. When he saw the guy turning he whipped the lobster boat into the path of the guy so that he had nowhere to go but to ram us. And that is exactly what happened. So the captain basically, acting like a crazed maniac, screamed and threatened this guy who had not a clue what was going on. Apparently the poor bastard paid the captain off sometime after.

My captain was a total A-hole generally. I loved the work, but when I finally quit I told him that I had too because I figured one day we would go out and only one would come back, and I wasn't sure who that was going to be.

Last I heard of him he lives behind bars and I don't mean the drinking kind.
----------------------------------

Back on topic: Listening to: Ronnie Earl -Kansas City Monarch- on an old Boston Acoustics/Audioquest Sampler CD featuring Mighty Sam McClain and some various.
[attachment=0:2l9rcyyd]Sam.jpg[/attachment:2l9rcyyd]

Attachments