AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
They already got me. Charged me for this month. Plus hitting me for more money. I'm a little upset. Will do a P/U tomorrow so there is a record of me sending it.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Yea I'm just a ball of fire. LOL Getting there though. Dealing with a few issues at the moment. I try very hard to deal with my customers in a whole heart attitude. Lot on my list of doing today. Watching the market. Sold all my penny stocks to dive into Pier 1. Took a loss so I can make money. Oh well. If you want to dance you have to pay the band.

Larry

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Save some of that fire, we are looking at 7 degrees overnight and 5 degrees for Saturday night, if things hold true you should see that in a day or two.

We still haven't ahd any winter to speak of.

Jim

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
~ Larry dealing with customers wholeheartedly~

Vouch :thumbright:

Enjoying some classical music and acoustic guitar through the Bellari with the 5751 tube this AM. :cheers:

speakerman1

Tagline
Well my flame went out yesterday. LOL Did get somethings moved.
Sitting here this morning listening to Gary Moore I think. LOL What ever CD was in the CDP. In a pretty good mood today. Burning in a pair of ICs. I am amazed at the difference. Before the speakers on the highs could and did hurt my ears. It has mellowed since I changed the ICs. Nice well rounded sound. I'm not one to be hyper critical of my speakers. I was getting depressed. I really liked these speakers; but for the highs. These ICs are making me very happy. No sub needed for these speakers. Very well rounded. I had the blue Tara Labs hooked up before. What the blue TLs cost MSRP these cost me as a demo. Very nice IC. I really do like. Think I will put the Audio Magic to a test this AM. They may be going up for sale

Before you ask. I don't remember the cost. They aren't cheap at all.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I'm sorry this sounds like Jeff Beck. Whoever is playing is jamming. Thinking of playing some Rick Wakeman after this CD. Give the amps a little diverse input. Long CD. When tubes are new do you guys bias them alot. Till they stay steady. Then check about once a month. I keep a pretty good watch on the bias.I'm sorry but this system sounds good. Not because it is mine. It has to be synergy. That can be the only explanation. LOL
Just put the Rick Wakeman on. I like his stories put to music. Been looking at some of the stuff I have to do. Need to try out a deck in a few minutes. Let this play for a while.

Have a good day I am.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've had " Journey to the center of the Earth" ever since it came out. Bought the CD when it was re-released.

speakerman1

Tagline
Doing some recording this AM. Thought I would try the 2000. There is another one for sale. I'm watching it ; but will not buy it. Nando I may not be able to send you 1 tape. LOL I have some good music to share. Was reading about the Carys yesterday. The pair were over 3000.00 new. These had to be a later date pair with the 6550s. The combination of all my components is making me a very happy man. Got my Bias meter yesterday. Will bias today. Wish I could remember who this CD is. Must have been over the weather. It is one of my CDs. I can't remember which one though. Lee I'm so sorry that you can't hear these amps. Rec make me an offer for the stands. I have no use for them. I could use them. Just really don't need them. Just finished cleaning glass on one rack. Time to put the glass up. get ready for the floors. Soon as this CD is recorded. Will be time to get on the scooter and ride.

Recording on a Denon. Think my last one. LOL I know where there are more.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It's good they went to a true tube nut. They wouldn't push the the K-Horns to near destruction so I would not have been happy with em. Have a nice ride there Buddy. Gotta head to the field and rewire some head switches on some water tanks.

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to Black Country Communion. Very good music. It is cool we all listen to different music. I learn from you guys posting what you listen to. Lot of forums don't have it. I am getting excited about working with wood again. I have some pieces of furniture I stripped, stained, and finished. I use to make extra money doing it. Found a painted mirror once for a dollar. Stripped it. Was dated 1932. Nice cherry wood. I have stripped crown molding down in old houses I lived in. Nice aged oak. Was so pretty I just urethaned it. I have a dressed my Mother refinished for me when I was 9 years old. That is about the only thing I wanted from her house.

With the air compressor I can shoot the finishes. Shooting a finish then rubbing it down makes pretty work.I try to when I work I try to work smart. That comes with experience. I am always learning something. Or I try to.

Well music almost over. Time to watch some Morning Joe. LOL

I went back to school after working a lot of jobs. I graduated college in 89 was 30 years old. Did a lot of jobs before that.

Have A good Day
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Watching it snow. Listening to some blues. Not like I like it. I do listen to blues that is pretty old.

Just put on some Nugent " Motor City Mayhem " I am loving life.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Watching the snow myself, prolly different snow than you are watching. " Vincene!! Are they using the same wind we are using??"

speakerman1

Tagline
Doing some Evergreen for a change of pace. I liten to a lot of different music during the day. About to measure the transformer and build a practice case. Have to get some corner clamps. Got the router yesterday. I remember doing miter cuts with a box with the angles cut in it for the saw.

Nice day sun is very nice. I'm in the garage door open. Trash day. Cutting boxes down. Ordered a blade saw. It is a Rockwell. Bench top. Floor guy comes today.

It takes a lot of tools to make nice things. Trying to sweep my floors. Have to get them that I can see them first. LOL Did my monthly investment. To me it is better than the bank.

Yea it is a rambling day. LOLZ n,i

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well outside in a t-shirt. Gotta love it. You guys that use va router. What bits do used mostly? What is the best brand of bit. Trying to clean under my bench so I can store things.

Larry
PS Listening to Sabbath.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
Well outside in a t-shirt. Gotta love it. You guys that use va router. What bits do used mostly? What is the best brand of bit. Trying to clean under my bench so I can store things.

Larry
PS Listening to Sabbath.
Hi Larry,

On your bit question it depends....

My most used bits are the laminate trim, pattern bit, smaller diameter round over (1/8, 3/16, 1/4), and a couple of the decorative edge bits.

You might try a small set with 8-12 bits from a mid-line brand to get started (Hickory is one brand that comes to mind). Once you make a few things you will figure out what bit patterns work best for you and then buy those from a leading brand. Mid-priced bits usually work Ok for the occasional use. Good bits pay for themselves if you use them a fair amount, better finish, less burning, and they stay sharp much longer. Avoid the very low end bits as they are frightning to look at let alone spin at 25K RPM.

Robert

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to Jethro this AM. Need to order the rug for the room. Hate spending the money. LOL Right now I'm cruising down Ozone Alley. Gotta like it. Sitting in the garage. No heat on with a T-shirt on.

Trying to figure out where to put things when the floor is done. Trying to count how many amps I have. Living room system. Garage system. Trying to remember. Creek, PL, Carys, can't remember. Have DACs, 3 tuners, 3 CDPs I think. 4 DVDs, numerous decks.

PL and Carys stay in the sound room. Just thinking aloud. Have a nice Scott tuner.

Larry