It's getting late...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
You have to stop chasing them naked women around your place, lots of colatteral damage takes place.

Oh well, there is $100 down the drain.:x

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It's partly because of this desk and the upper shelf that rest of two ~1.5" dia. tubes surrounding rods...I need to cut a 2x6" and make more supports.

The whole day has been about like this. When wires get tangled, things can get stupid.

Crappy drawing of flimsy ofd desk.jpg

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I had the day off from work today and I looked for a monitor. Found a bunch but nothing was a screaming deal or even looked to be fairly priced.

orange

Tagline
I'm trying to get one locally, my friend across town might have a spare or two to choose from.

orange

Tagline
I can get an entire HP Pavilion with Vista, keyboard, mouse and LCD monitor for $25 at a favorite secondhand store. AS-IS, no idea if it works yet.

My friend says he should have a CRT he can get to me at the least.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I've got to get the GeForce 7800 powered up properly again and use the broken monitor and some of Delia's memory to bring the dual core back up for testing.

orange

Tagline
It's not going to start though until I get the video back up...may drop the 6600 in for a second or two just to start it.

orange

Tagline
I pulled the battery yesterday on the Dimension and when I put it back together it had returned from it's LSD trip. GOOD, now I can scan, and the secondary IDE is back, floppy drive is 100% functional as well.

orange

Tagline
My friend Cory saved my day and I don't need to get an extraneous HP VISTA computer for the monitor...he told me the Youth Ranch outlet store in Boise have lots of WIDESCREEN monitors the same size as the HP one for $20 each and tax plus a 30-day warranty! I had enough to have him get TWO.

Now if I could just get a license for the 32 and 64-bit Windows 7 discs you sent earlier, before the one I bought through you...I've got some memory coming I believe.

And a PCI-e video card for Delia. Then I got it goin' on like Donkey Kong, to quote a silly country song I wouldn't really listen to drunk anyway :)

FLASH!!!! I got a free case and GeForce 9500 I can have for pickup! Cory's on his way there!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Save up your moola. I can get another refurbisher disc and COA for $72 plus shipping to you. I see a few discs/coa's cheaper on ebay, but I dont trust the sellers.

orange

Tagline
Looks like December. I still have the 32 and 64-bit builder's discs.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
The discs don't matter as all win 7 Home premium discs are the same. You are paying for the COA not the discs. Any legitimate Win 7 purchase will include COA and Discs.

orange

Tagline
AS soon as I find the C: drive...the GeForce 9500 works though. Next up, the ASUS board, it's all in there (still need an AGP or PCI DVI card that can work on Win 7.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I don't have any extra cards around except for a 9800 GX2 and they are power hungry big cards, probably would not fit in any of your cases. They can draw up to 197 watts so you need a 500 watt psu or better.

I think you need a Radeon HD6450 or a Fanless Geforece GT610, 620 or 630. Those are all low power cards that do not need any supplemental power.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
My friend Cory saved my day and I don't need to get an extraneous HP VISTA computer for the monitor...he told me the Youth Ranch outlet store in Boise have lots of WIDESCREEN monitors the same size as the HP one for $20 each and tax plus a 30-day warranty! I had enough to have him get TWO.
How are the new widescreen monitors working out. No one around here wants to sell used ones for less then $40 to $50 for a 20 inch.

orange

Tagline
When he gets there and gets them, we'll know.