It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Had to hold off, not enough right now. Have to send the Christmas mailings.

I found the right hard drive for Delia but I have to go into BIOS and check settings as it's not booting to it yet. this means I will pull the GeForce to use the VGA monitor and have to shut down shortly.

orange

Tagline
Still ain't having luck with Delia but I DID find something to install the iomega USB floppy drive for Windows 7 and now I can post my Mavica pictures on all of my computers!

MVC-029S.JPG Success! :blob8:

orange

Tagline
Self portrait, so to speak, both images loaded from the USB floppy, now christened Smallville...

MVC-032S.JPG MVC-033S.JPG Valeries Drives.jpg

orange

Tagline
Monica is a gift from Freddy1 on TH...it's full of STARS (musical and movie)! 500 gb...brand new drive!

One more drive enclosure and getting my router a PS might just let me network the entire place and serve from the living room. Fred is looking through his stuff for that too.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I got rid of a lot of duplicated folders on the drive and have been sorting and moving the music files on Souldrive over.

There are even music video and concert rips, not the best but...

orange

Tagline
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jYyBZE0kBtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That one is easy.

orange

Tagline
I'm another 10-15 pounds away from being into a size 40 pair of pants, actually.

Damn you, Dorothy, I'm MELTING!

orange

Tagline
We could fire this puppy up tonight if I wanted to...

orange

Tagline
If I use the discs you sent for the builder versions, yes. I've already used the same copy twice for Valerie and Delia, and I THINK they just changed the key on Delia later.

Some memory will have to come from Delia for a bit.

Remember that I have occasional video driver failures on this one...it's still two weeks until I can do anything to get another widescreen/DVI monitor and for whatever reason I'm running Valerie (the first MPC). III remember, it had to do with compiling the CD and I'm a creature of habit who takes a while to move to other things if I'm busy.

orange

Tagline
And I STILL don't know if I can patch the Linux Mint/Firefox I have sitting in the OptiPlex (Vera) so that it's safe (SSL exploits etc)...otherwise I'd use it for a while.

orange

Tagline
Since there is no built in video on that board it might help if I manage to locate the BFG 7800 and the cabling.

I just got up a couple hours ago, looked around some last night and was up too long. Back to work.

orange

Tagline
Found the other 7800, no cables yet but I did find an older one with VGA again. I'll fire that up for a minute or two.

orange

Tagline
That card seems to be dead as a door nail. Think it's an Asus Magic-T?

Unless I can find another one all that's left are two 7800 GTX with no cables found yet and then it's AGP as I'm not pulling the 6600 from this.

Otherwise it doesn't seem to complain. We'll find something or wait four more daze. I'm not very enthused about those 7800 FURNACES yet.

orange

Tagline
It's actually a DUAL core and I tried to fix that, would you finish the task in the directories???