It's getting late...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Last night it really WAS getting late....

Windows made me reactivate Delia after all of those upgrades finally and I had to do it on the PHONE.

I thought you put the win 7 Valerie? As far as I know you only have one Win 7 license, if you activate Delia then next time you boot or update Valerie you will be locked out. Your only allowed one computer per license, although if the hardware similar then you might be able to activate two on the same license but I doubt it.:ugeek:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I had Delia tell me that the 7800GTX wasn't getting enough power (What? Is it a bitch girlfriend, it's a FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY WATT PSU)? Maybe it's just jealous of the three hard drives.

Do you have the 6 pin plug connected to the back of the video card? If so and it still wants more power then you motherboard unfortunately doesn't supply enough juice to run that card.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
You sent TWO discs, and YES it's on there and both connections are connected to a Y going to one Molex exclusively...that line solely is feeding it.

The reason it does this is because if you add enough things it's brain dead and thinks you have a new computer. You didn't send the same disc twice, did you? How the hell would I know? I haven't found where I put the other key page for safekeeping.

If I can use the Y on the IDE drives without a problem then I'll see if I can move it onto two lines.

I'm also noticing that IE 11 has problems with most versions of vBulletin EXCEPT I gather 4.2.0 and 3.8.5/4.2.1 have caused problems with composition and images like avatars. It's next to impossible to use Yesfans with 4.2.1 unless I use Firefox, and likewise for other vB versions except here and Bike Forums (and their basic skin is based on 4.0.8) TH and AK still use 3.8.x...so I'm not apparently as crazy as it might seem as I find it very hard to post when the keyboard input suddenly acts DRUNK and strokes are missed etc, the page freezes when you try to send the post etc and yet, except for the annoying less problematic multiple clicking on buttons everything seems to work okay.

As far as I know I cannot use IE 12. I have every update I am supposed to have to and AV scans and spyware scans have been good plus I clear the cache enough.

Attachments

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
You sent TWO discs,

You didn't send the same disc twice, did you? How the hell would I know? I haven't found where I put the other key page for safekeeping.
I did send two discs one is a backup of the primary disc incase you accidentally lose it. The disc doesn't matter you could have 500 install discs but if you only have one product code to enter, then you only have one legit copy of the software.

The important thing is I only sent you one product code, the second sheet of paper was a photocopy of the first one incase you lose that. Both sheets of paper have the same product code.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
YES it's on there and both connections are connected to a Y going to one Molex exclusively...that line solely is feeding it.

If I can use the Y on the IDE drives without a problem then I'll see if I can move it onto two lines.

I'm also noticing that IE 11 has problems with most versions of vBulletin EXCEPT I gather 4.2.0 and 3.8.5/4.2.1 have caused problems with composition and images like avatars. It's next to impossible to use Yesfans with 4.2.1 unless I use Firefox, and likewise for other vB versions except here and Bike Forums (and their basic skin is based on 4.0.8) TH and AK still use 3.8.x...so I'm not apparently as crazy as it might seem as I find it very hard to post when the keyboard input suddenly acts DRUNK and strokes are missed etc, the page freezes when you try to send the post etc and yet, except for the annoying less problematic multiple clicking on buttons everything seems to work okay.

As far as I know I cannot use IE 12. I have every update I am supposed to have to and AV scans and spyware scans have been good plus I clear the cache enough.

It maybe that you mother boards pci-e slot isn't capable of putting out enough wattage to drive the 7800 card. Could also be your power supply as not all power supplies will work regardless of the wattage the manufacturer says the psu has.

orange

Tagline
I did send two discs one is a backup of the primary disc incase you accidentally lose it. The disc doesn't matter you could have 500 install discs but if you only have one product code to enter, then you only have one legit copy of the software.

The important thing is I only sent you one product code, the second sheet of paper was a photocopy of the first one incase you lose that. Both sheets of paper have the same product code.
Dear god.

Well, I had no problems once the new I did it. I can't keep all of this new crap straight and after god knows how long at it it's like fighting a damned war.

I thought my CAT had PTSD.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
See what happens, MS is supposed to check a hardware ID string of your computer and attach it to the activation which is why when certain components are changed you have to re-activate. Maybe you can run two computers on the same code, but I am guessing one of them will give you the activation routine with a time limit to update the product code.

orange

Tagline
I don't know but I'm kinda tired of guessing a lot.

orange

Tagline
Do I have one? Oh, wait I have a wheat cent somewhere around here.

orange

Tagline
Nope just plain old dumbass 50s wheat cent.

orange

Tagline
I actually saw that Sony model at a local auction. It has a stereo amp and speakers but is pre-MTS, 25 or 27 inches, can't recall but the set was dead as well.

orange

Tagline
The birthday Dell is in South Salt Lake, getting a big pop at a truck stop :)

In just under three hours I'll be ready and on my way to my birthday part at karaoke (it's actually tomorrow, the big day, but no karaoke tomorrow).:blob:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Be careful opening it as I taped a install disc to the side of the computer Bubble wrap and also there is a DVI to vga adaptor taped to the back of the power supply. Make sure you have those two things before reusing or tossing the bubble wrap.

Last edited: