It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Oddly enough the very CNET that you download AVG and others from seems to have more issues than others...fortunately nothing from them or MS even though I've had a corrupted executable leftover installation file from installing AVG from there before.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
If you really want to be safe download the install file on a protected computer, transfer it to a thumb drive and then plug the usb thumbdrive into the new computer and install if from the thumbdrive. That way you will have some protection before even going online with the new computer.

orange

Tagline
That's kinda moot with CNET-if you get a Trojan alert you have to download again.

First scan is clean. Now for Spybot.

orange

Tagline
PR is the master folder...that's Delia.

orange

Tagline
Family Photo...

Valerie and Delia

PS The floppy drive is named Marcella. The Dell Dimension is now Kyra, as in the Muse in Xanadu. I'm thinking of trying the Audigy 2ZS in Delia.

Attachments

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Worked like Gangbusters! Now if I can just get a video card with S-video and VGA I could put this under the bedroom projector that does 1920x...need to clean the coolant in one of the tubes though. I also adjusted the video resolution up to 1280x and medium text size, with worked pretty well for he standard aspect monitor

Attachments

orange

Tagline
AFAIK, it's still a generic VGA driver. I put a SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS audio card, had to go to the Creative site for drivers but I got the candy with it and am happy for now.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Is it onboard video or a discerte graphics card? If it is onboard then you may never get more then VGA as their are no win 7 compatible drivers for the onboard video.

If it is a discrete video card you may or may not find Win 7 drivers.

orange

Tagline
It's onboard, although it has more resolution than the other onboard video did, don't know why or how. The 6600 GeForce you sent looks glorious on the other MPC.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Unfortunately I dont have any other pci-e cards that will work. If your power supply is up to it you could put the 7800 GTX from the Asus in it.

I'll have to check with my friend to see if he has any older pci-e cards laying around. I know he does, but he usually wants premium dollars for his stuff.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Same model, same wattage. I could try the 480W PS I have but I also have to figure out how to hook it into the PS as there's no board connection like the other board.

orange

Tagline
Another thing is that my printer cartridge refiller had a heart attack a few months ago and was planning to retire early...well, that notice just appeared on Craigslist three hours ago. Now I'm rushing to get over there and see what to do as my printer is an HP 932C and pretty old. The new 78 color cart alone is $50.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Same model, same wattage. I could try the 480W PS I have but I also have to figure out how to hook it into the PS as there's no board connection like the other board.
As long as the computer has a pci-e slot and you hook the 6 pin power dongle up to the back of the graphics card you should be ok for power to the 7800.

orange

Tagline
It may have some problem if I try to get the second SATA in unless I put the IDE HD in a 5.25" slot.

orange

Tagline
It's the Bionic Computer...only one thing is the matter.

The 200 GB SATA showed up but not other one (80 GB) and I have all three drives in BIOS.

Otherwise I'd have 400 GB in there.

It took the E drive without a whimper.

Now to see if Disk Management recognizes the other SATA drive.

PS I'm using it right now.