It's getting late...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Patient out of surgery and doing fine. Opti 380 is now a quad core instead of a dual core. :rabbit:

Little Xeon is doing very well.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Touch and go for awhile there??
No, it was a 5 minute cpu swap. I just ran some burn in tests to make sure it was working properly since it was used. I let it run overnight and the cpu temps stayed very nice while running 20 trillion cpu operations and 5 trillion memory operations. :mrgreen:

The little Xeon was a play on words as I put a server processor in a desktop computer. When new the server processors are way more expensive then desktop cpus, but when used you can pickup a used server cpu much cheaper then a similar desktop cpu. If run at the correct voltage and temps cpu's will run forever.

Last edited:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
That's amazing, Dr. Webby.

Dr. Webby, CPU MD.

orange

Tagline
The 6600 and such came today...it's installed and running from VGA at 1280 by.

I finally figured I don't want or need Trusted Platform Management and uninstalled it, and I actually have no device conflicts or missing thingies in Device Manager.

Once in a while it takes a while to shut down but I'm learning.

Now, if you'll excuse me I got me a loan until tomorrow and I'm not eating chicken NOR beans for dinner today, it's my burger and tots from the mom and pop place.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Did you install the nvdia drivers for the 6600? You should be able to get them on Nvidias website or from Microsoft. Your video experince will be much more enjoyable with the proper drivers.

The drivers from Nvidia or Microsoft should be 250 to 300 mb in size.

When you check in properties for the display does it say standard vga drivers or does is say 6600GT? Standard is windows drivers of a generic variety and if it has your model of graphics card listed then it has the correct drivers.

That card performs the best at 1280 by 1024, but should be able to display higher resolutions.

Yoiu can let Nvida detect the needed drivers and get them here:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

and lastly hopefully you have enough cd's for a month or so.

The 6600 and such came today...it's installed and running from VGA at 1280 by.

I finally figured I don't want or need Trusted Platform Management and uninstalled it, and I actually have no device conflicts or missing thingies in Device Manager.

Once in a while it takes a while to shut down but I'm learning.

Now, if you'll excuse me I got me a loan until tomorrow and I'm not eating chicken NOR beans for dinner today, it's my burger and tots from the mom and pop place.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
It installed automatically. I wish HP would have given me a stupid spindle though...I have a lot of my existing music CDs stacked on the ones I had free. I left the bottom plastic piece between the DVDs on one and the CDs on top but I have a good few more that didn't fit.

Thanks...I have to hook into the stereo now.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Ok as long as it is working ok that is all that matters. Sorry I used to have a bunch of spindles from used dvd and cd stacks but I tossed them a few years ago. I would have took one of mine but then I'd have a stack of dvd or cd blanks falling on the floor here. :rabbit:

orange

Tagline
Okay...the other Micron is almost ready to go, and I have the Pioneer DVD-R/CD-RW ready to go in this one soon. I have the 2 GB PC3200 in it and 1.5 GB to put in the AMD for now. Time to do this.

orange

Tagline
I'm rebooting over and over so I'm going to format that 120 GB HD and get rid of the Windows on it.

BTW. Web, the small LCD monitor raises no issues with the Dell Dimension. That's just perfect with me!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
BTW. Web, the small LCD monitor raises no issues with the Dell Dimension. That's just perfect with me!

Not sure why it wouldn't work with the other computer,could be video card or drivers for the card and or monitor. I have never run into monitor that wouldn't work with anything I paired it with.

At least it gets along with the Dell Dimension. :rabbit:

orange

Tagline
Like I said, I ride the bike every day in good weather.

orange

Tagline
Delia (as in DERBYSHIRE, my taping idol from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, the woman who made the Doctor Who theme what it is and Master of Tape Looping) is ready to update and join Valerie but since my internet service SUCKS I have to take Valerie off line.

The U. S. Open is on NBC...enjoy some golf.