WOPL 700B Rev E board question

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
it concerns me that it's a "Failed WOPL" which you rarely see. That and the wiring job as it sits is a hack job. , I'd strip it down and re-do the whole thing but it's not mine so... ????

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
it concerns me that it's a "Failed WOPL" which you rarely see. That and the wiring job as it sits is a hack job. , I'd strip it down and re-do the whole thing but it's not mine so... ????
I told Rob that was exactly what you would say LOL

Clean slate with Nav's silver wire!!!!

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Three of the four appear to be new fuses, the fourth, is blown, and a different shape. The numbers are worn down enough I cannot read it with magnification.

It was in the bottom right fuse holder.

250v 5A is what the other three say.
You can test the left channel with 2 of the good AGX fuses. Just leave out the other two. The two you need to populate are closest to the heatsink.

Last edited:

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
---I probably have one somewhere...
What is concerning me is the fact that something blew that fuse. The amp was unplugged when I set it up for testing, no wires were touching, every thing was ready to go before I plugged it in and proceeded to startup and test.

Why the builder hasn't chimed in with what has been done to this amp leaves me wondering, why?

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
What is concerning me is the fact that something blew that fuse.
I've blown a lot of rail fuses just from having it a wee bit loud. :) It's easy to do, particularly with low impedance speakers. I now use 8 amp fuses. Not recommended.

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
I can understand popping fuses from cranking it. It arrived here with a blown fuse, as it was just like you heard in the video.

I would still like to have it checked out to be sure there isn't something wrong.

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
New fuses went in, hooked everything back up. The one channel has nothing. Right channel plays, but still sounds like a 40 watt amp. New fuses are still pristine.

Looks like I got fucked on this deal.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Time to either get a refund or let one of these guys here do it right. I am pretty disappointed with Edroom, I always thought he was a guy that actually tests shit before he sells it. I would not let that guy who "built" it even hold a fuse cap

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Well that sucks. My rule is I never buy other peoples' problem. If somehow I get stuck with them I insist on return and refund. If I decide to fix their problem myself I insist on significant partial refunds on the purchase price.

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
That's what I don't get, its supposed to be a complete rebuild (all new parts(?)) to wopl specs, and cleaned the controls but just not replacement of wiring. Most of me says wash my hands of it for full refund on that part of the transaction *bought pair of speakers too*, or have it checked out for partial refund depending upon how much needs to be done.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Went through my correspondence. Looks Like Ed built this (Edroom). He bought some parts from me back a few years ago.

Hi,
I am in process of doing a WOPL 700b and need to source a few items.
I read you sell your WOPL faceplate badge, I would be interested in one. Also,I am buying the White oaks black replacement faceplate and need new knobs and handles, could you tell me where to source them?
Thanks!
Ed