WOPL 700B Rev E board question

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I myself, hate taking a bite of a shit sandwich made by others. I would treat this as a stock 700B coming in and would install new back planes/output transistors, and a control board along with ALL NEW WIRING. It's the only way I could warranty my work since I didn't build any of it. Plus, we don't even know whats wrong with it. It can take many hours of troubleshooting and with the great price of White Oak boards, it may be easier to just replace them. Yer looking at about $1200-$1400 but it would be new with full warranty. I'm sure it's NOT what you want to hear. Or, I'd give you a credit towards a unit I have just completed. If you paid over a grand for it, I'd return it for sure. Bargain basement WOPL's don't exist. If you paid less than a grand, it's worth rebuilding. That's just my take on it. There are a few other builders here who may see it different.

Perry

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
---I probably have one somewhere...
Ed's still wanting me to send it back to Chuck to repair/troubleshoot. That makes zero sense to me. At this point I just want it out of here and be back at square one.

For that much coinage, I should be pissing off the neighbors instead of shipping a box of iron across the country.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I would not let that dude fix shit, he fucked it up from the start and I don't know about the seller either. I used to think that dude was righteous as heck but I doubt he even tried the amp out prior to selling it to Rob because if he did, he would have known something was not right

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
It's been almost a year since my dream of owning a PL WOPL 700 went to sh!t from a couple of bullsh!t artists. That f'n ordeal suxs, but at least I was refunded my cash.

I finally found a fully restored pair of Cerwin Vega DX-9'S, and had those U-shipped to my shop. Ron's old 400 is coming up for sale soon, and he's offered that to me, but I really had my heart set on one of the 700's with the full restoration mods done.

Maybe this year will be the year I get my forever amp.

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
It's been almost a year since my dream of owning a PL WOPL 700 went to sh!t from a couple of bullsh!t artists. That f'n ordeal suxs, but at least I was refunded my cash.

I finally found a fully restored pair of Cerwin Vega DX-9'S, and had those U-shipped to my shop. Ron's old 400 is coming up for sale soon, and he's offered that to me, but I really had my heart set on one of the 700's with the full restoration mods done.

Maybe this year will be the year I get my forever amp.

As luck would have it:

Screenshot_20221208-023327_Samsung Internet.jpg

ETLS

Journeyman
Tagline
I hadn't planned to run the amp without a preamp. I have not had the opportunity to either purchase a new or new to me one, or dig out my SX-828. I picked up the CD player so I could test it out, and then wait until i had my new shop built, so I could get stuff moved around where i could set it up.
And a proper preamp. 20210227_203930.jpg

20200117_110903.jpg