what are you listening to?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
So I tried a little of my Steve Miller Born 2 Be Blue CD on that MX90 Maxell that arrived today from Kentucky. Very impressive - the Nak is approaching reel to reel levels of quiet with this metal tape and I got confused once when switching between the CD and the recording, so I have to say I'm very impressed. Not sure if I'd be $30 plus shipping impressed as that's but $8 shy of a pancake of ATR's MDS-90 reel to reel tape. But at $15 all in, that's damn fine tape.

Now to figure out what I want to record to it...

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
HMV (UK) Have some great offers at the moment on Vinyl....you have to dig around the website though! I just picked up a copy of the Abbey Road Half Speed Remastered Police 'Ghost In The Machine' Vinyl LP for 17.99 GBP - which is almost half listed price!

HMV were saved from closure by Sunrise records, so the same deal may apply over the Atlantic??

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/ghost-in-the-machine-(1)

PC

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Yesterday, I picked up a few records while in town. I will be working on a Funk & Motown mix tape project and I'm compiling some source material for the Master recording.

Coincidentally, last night, Geri and I watched a fun movie released in 2019 on Netflix starring Eddie Murphy. It's called "Dolomite Is My Name." Check it out!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolemite_Is_My_Name

images.jpg
merlin_162132633_996ca378-9842-4f53-bf9a-28ef363c9db2-superJumbo.jpg

Nando.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Mrs PC hates Eddie Murphy.... But i have always liked him, from Beverly Hills cop, Trading Places....onwards, Good tip, i will look this one up! Thanks Nando...

Oh Bugs Life is on its way.... I am doing a special limited Funk mix for yourself and one other.... maybe two others... I have a LOT of funk tunes, Love it!

PC

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Listening to Nando's 'Numbers' mix tape on the BX-300. No NR and it sounds amazing. The Logans are shining again !

20200219_162804.jpg

Mix tape trades are always a nice adventure of discovery. Thoroughly enjoying this mix and discovered a version of '25 or 6 to 4' I wasn't aware existed.
The original is a great track ... but his new version is more my style.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Listening to Nando's 'Numbers' mix tape on the BX-300. No NR and it sounds amazing. The Logans are shining again !

View attachment 39875

Mix tape trades are always a nice adventure of discovery. Thoroughly enjoying this mix and discovered a version of '25 or 6 to 4' I wasn't aware existed.
The original is a great track ... but his new version is more my style.
Thank you, Tony. I sure miss doing mix tape trades with you. Hopefully, this will be the restart of where we last left off. Track 1 of Side B was sourced from vinyl - Teldec DMM (Direct Metal Mastering).

Nando.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
So I finally found out what the fuss is about. A metal Maxell in a Nakamichi is a thing of beauty. Now we're in reel to reel territory, just without the big reels spinnin'.

Too busy listening to side one to figure out what to put on side 2...