what are you listening to?

Bob Boyer

Journeyman
Tagline
---
So I tried a little of my Steve Miller Born 2 Be Blue CD on that MX90 Maxell that arrived today from Kentucky. Very impressive - the Nak is approaching reel to reel levels of quiet with this metal tape and I got confused once when switching between the CD and the recording, so I have to say I'm very impressed. Not sure if I'd be $30 plus shipping impressed as that's but $8 shy of a pancake of ATR's MDS-90 reel to reel tape. But at $15 all in, that's damn fine tape.

Now to figure out what I want to record to it...

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
HMV (UK) Have some great offers at the moment on Vinyl....you have to dig around the website though! I just picked up a copy of the Abbey Road Half Speed Remastered Police 'Ghost In The Machine' Vinyl LP for 17.99 GBP - which is almost half listed price!

HMV were saved from closure by Sunrise records, so the same deal may apply over the Atlantic??

https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/ghost-in-the-machine-(1)

PC

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Yesterday, I picked up a few records while in town. I will be working on a Funk & Motown mix tape project and I'm compiling some source material for the Master recording.

Coincidentally, last night, Geri and I watched a fun movie released in 2019 on Netflix starring Eddie Murphy. It's called "Dolomite Is My Name." Check it out!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolemite_Is_My_Name

images.jpg
merlin_162132633_996ca378-9842-4f53-bf9a-28ef363c9db2-superJumbo.jpg

Nando.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Mrs PC hates Eddie Murphy.... But i have always liked him, from Beverly Hills cop, Trading Places....onwards, Good tip, i will look this one up! Thanks Nando...

Oh Bugs Life is on its way.... I am doing a special limited Funk mix for yourself and one other.... maybe two others... I have a LOT of funk tunes, Love it!

PC