what are you listening to?

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
That should be fine... just thinking how I would handle it. The Masterlink can handle that resolution but probably not the format... I don’t know if I can handle it actually. Can you send a red book file?

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Maybe a 24/96 can be digital out from my lap top into the Alesis which would then convert internally to its desired format... I never use the higher resolution capabilities but I understand Alesis doesn’t play nice with others.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Oh yeah. Turn of the century tech, but it still kicks butt! No computer to crash. The box is heavy but empty when you open it up.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
I am weirdly listening to the 1970 Iron Butterfly 'LIVE' album.... i say weirdly as i was just listening to one of the Travelling tapes that was doing the rounds a year or so ago 'EMTEC' ( Electronic Music Themed Eighties Cassette) Recorded on an EMTEC tape of course... Great stuff...

The Iron Butterfly was a chill out idea.... Love this album

PC

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The ringing in my ears is being sampled at 96 kHz today. I should try 24 but I can't find the switch.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I think 96k is a good choice. Make sure you don’t clip the upper frequencies. That clipping can be bad for your ears...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I’m working into the second side myself. Some great tunes selected on this one!

Hearing “Barracuda” brought back the memories of being with my dad at Wolco’s auto repair center, which he managed before opening his own place. There was one of those radio displays which someone would turn up to eleven every day...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I have to thank Jim for the motivation in initiating the theme of a women-only mix tape project. Keep in mind, this past Sunday was International Women's Day. My wife and youngest son helped select the songs for "Sisters Together," so it was a family affair.

I'm in the midst of recording a copy for Pat (Glantoir). Unfortunately, no drinking for me until after the tape has been recorded. I've made that mistake in the past and spent too long redoing portions of the mix tape.

Nando.