The Fleatique Phase Linear 700 B

BMWR75

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Rex, you have been wanting that Pilot rig back ever since I bought it from you..........but that ain't gonna happen. It is on the never sell list. :happy6:

BMWR75

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I collected over the years one each of these brand tube amps: Admiral, Dynaco, Sherwood, H.H. Scott, Fisher, Allen, Akai, Pilot and Kegger. Can't break up the set now. :occasion5:

Allen 20s. Got one locally from an organ. One from an AKer in Ohio.
Sweet! I replaced caps and resistors in mine and bypassed the pot and first gain stage on one input. Nice amps. Mine are currently on lone at a local AK member.....

Excited to get my 75's up and running.....

BMWR75

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Installed the new WO board this morning. Put the amp on the dim bulb tester. Bulb never dimmed. No magic smoke though, so that is a good thing.

The amp was working fine with the old board installed. So, the problem must be something I've done wrong assembling or installing the new board.

Need some guidance now on troubleshooting steps. Thanks in advance.

EDIT -- I've double checked all the diode orientations, all are correct. Have looked at all the solder joints under a magnifying glass and reflowed a few of them. Looked for solder bridges, can't find any. All the small signal transistors are oriented correctly per the BOM.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
It's the thigamajig that's depolarizing the trilithium capacitor that lineates sinewave oscillations to the transducer and bypassing the output drivers but I defer to someone who can explain better

I love your boobs Bro... wait, that did not come out right...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Need pics Scott of the board folded out and then bolted in and closeups of the wiring on the board and backplane.

BMWR75

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Here are the pics Lee. I'll be glad to email them to you if you want to see them in higher resolution (e.g., about 5 MB each), just send me your email address.

All the wires that connect to the boards matched the White Oak wiring instructions for color, except two: old board connection 13 (left and right sides) to WO board 10L and 10R. Instructions said it should be a white wire with green and black tracings. My amp had a white wire with red tracing.

whole board
P1020012.jpg

left side
P1020013.jpg

right side
P1020014.jpg

back
P1020015.jpg

back left side
P1020016.jpg

back right side
P1020017.jpg

Bias connections left side
P1020018.jpg

Bias connections right side
P1020020.jpg

Bottom left connections
P1020019.jpg

Bottom right connections
P1020021.jpg P1020022.jpg

Back board left and right
P1020023.jpg P1020024.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The empty hole --#3 needs the purple wire, then the yellow, then the white. The PNP hole is left alone and the #5 hole on the left is left alone(you jumpered that on the backside).