Sutt's "Fugly One" WOPL Transformation

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I'm getting 123.8 at the conditioner, so I hope she might be a WOPL 1000 at clipping. I know Lee built one or two... If you can write a program for generating a frequency plot, that would be awesome. I know you are that freaking smart Jerry..

I do thank you so much for doing this build. I really want a state of the art Phase Linear, but it will make me want more of them, and the prospect of having a Series II 700 or two....is enticing. I have a few earlier version 400 Series I 400's and 700b's..... that need to be upgraded or somehow up fitted... damn it....this addiction sucks..

You are the man tho, Jerry........and JOE.....you have changed the paradigm for amplification...

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Where do you go in Florida Sutton? We lived at Punta Gorda, near Fort Myers for 20 years. Kind of missing it the last few days near zero degrees here.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I go to St. Augustine primarily but also spend some time in New Smyrna Beach. I do love Florida, but I love the mountains in Southwest Virginia too!!! So, I travel back and forth....

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
If we ever move back it will be to the Flagler/ Ormond area. I love it too.
If you've spent much time on Daytona beach you've probably seen my Sister in law. She's been hustling time shares on the beach for 30 years in her little bikini! Heh..Heh Still a pretty hot little blond for 50!

Oh, The Lightner Museum is my favorite place there.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I lived in Ocala for a year or so after college (78) and Ormond Beach was our beach. Lots of good memories from those days... worked at the Publix in Ocala.... what a great time!!

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Whew.. touch and go on the operating table but hey.. we have ignition and she's all together. Putting some tunes through her now..

Sutt the right meter's a little sticky. Other than that, we be good.. Power testing tomorrow..

10-AllTogetherNow.jpg

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
She is a beauty. I really love the look,,,The handles are awesome, meters are great, and the blue leds with the black face-plate looks really nice. Together, they all look outstanding!!! You done good. I can't wait to see how she performs, er, hear how she performs!!

Things didn't go as well as you wanted on the operating table? What complications were there?

Last edited:

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
The black and blue looks great.....1000 Watts should give you some bruises for sure!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Everything looks so awesome......looks like she needs some updating to the knobs....if only there were some that would set her off even more !!