Sutt's "Fugly One" WOPL Transformation

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Damn Jerry.. This happened fast !! I been watching for this thread... I was at Suttons house last night and he never said a word about you starting on his amp !! Well... Im watching now !! hehehe. I cant wait to hear this thing !!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I wish I understood what he did? I just see a big glob of hot glue. Do you think his contraption worked? What he done? Wrapped some bailing wire around the toggle and hot glued it in place? Is any of that contain an original part, or did he totally McGuiver it?

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Thank you Lee.....that ole girl needs alot of help, I'm afraid. Bought her on eBay several years ago, only to find out that I knew the person I bought it from. He was a friend of a friend who built PC's for our company years ago. He could build a bad ass computer back in the day when a 20mb hard drive was huge and a 56k modem was fast!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Good, I think that was my last. Of the micro switch variety. I have a couple of the brown rosaries left. The Aerosmith amps were all converted to to small DPST switches...cheesy fucks too...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I have been taking in the old ones, drilling the rivets out, and using small screws, putting in new micro switches. They work perfect and the new micro switches are heavy duty and stand up to the current surge better.

IMG_3372.JPG

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I stocked up on a bunch of micro switches years ago as some stuff we use in the field uses em. I'll have to try that trick..

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
These are new switches from the big electronics houses. Works awesome. Haven't had an issue. I don't send any amp out without fitting with new power switches. I bought a bunch of NOS silver half moon switches too....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
You got's some choices bro... I can send you a rebuilt switch out in the morning and you send your bad switch back to me, or, I can send you a micro switch, or you can send your switch to me and I'll rebuild it and send it back. All for free because we love ya man.