SHERWOOD P-965 HELP !!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If his Haflers weren't down and not working, I don't know how olo9ng it would have taken. He is a very shrewd businessman. When he got his P-6965, I saw it on eBay for basically almost free compared to what I paid for mine. He got a beauty, complete with box, both remotes, the AMAND FM antenna, EVERY"THING...He got a REAL DEAL...

What is everyone else using for pre/pro I their theatre system? I theP-965 still as good as it was compared to newer offerings?

And is Kevin getting he wood Traxix DIY kit? the 400? I talked to the guy who makes them yesterday on the phone.
Damn nice guy too isn't he Sutton??

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Lee.. How deep are the K-horns ? From the main back out to the face... Just looking at my four corners here .

kevin

Going to be real close... I got three corners with doors real close... I've seen people put sides on those things and not use a corner... Bet that aint no good is it ?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Not as good as a dedicated corner, but doable. How far are the doors? I'll measure from the corner along the wall for the minimum flat spacee....

BTW, that's how they were tested in an anechoic chamber, not a real world test for the K's.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
You need 22" from the corner on each side to have an effective seal. A door after that is ok. To open the door they would have to open AWAY from the corner and to clear the front edge you need 31"

kevin

I got one corner that fine... Where my speaker are now.. The other side has a 59 inch doorway right up to the back wall I can easly make a 30 inch wall and leave me enough room for a walk way... No door on the 59 inch opening.... This room is 24x36... I can make me a corner ...... Guess I dont even need to be on this bridge yet.... I can cross it later !!!!! lol !

kevin

You need 22" from the corner on each side to have an effective seal. A door after that is ok. To open the door they would have to open AWAY from the corner and to clear the front edge you need 31"
OK... Ill be fine then !!!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
My LaScals just ain't going to do it

After you get KHorns, I'm thumped. I gotta do something. Maybe my Line Array project, or the Lambda Acoustics brought back to life...

You could build a "wall" on rollers or something, so when you are doing serious listening, you could move the wall into place, and otherwise, just roll it out of your way....You could make it solid and put some weight in the bottom of it so it doesn't get top heavy..... Just a thought...

kevin

Yes.... The Lambda's.... Thats the ones... If I were you thats were my time and money would be going !!! But.... Thats just me... Im sure Al could build you one hell of a crossover for them !

kevin

Yep !!!! Sutton has this bad ass pair of speakers that he paid BIG money for and they are sitting in his garage... LOL.. Drives me crazy ! But they need crossovers ! They have 15's in them.. and some kind of horn !!!

kevin

Yea....same ones !!! I've always told him the best speakers he has are in the damn garage... AH... I can't do nothing with the hard head !!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I WOULD GLADLY SELL HIM SOME epiphany 20/21CABS but you just as well hook up the trailer and come get your K's at the same time.