SHERWOOD P-965 HELP !!!

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Well.......... This is the first time that I can't say.... I been thrown out of a hell of a lot nicer places than this.... I love this place SIR !!! PLEASE DON'T THROW ME OUT !!!! I wouldn't have a thing to read every morning at 9:15 !!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Heaven forbid ruining your morning break and not having anything funny to show the coworkers!! We love ya Kev, wouldn't throw ya under the bus for love nor money!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
And I would hazard a guess you've been thrown out of places A LOT nicer than this!!

kevin

LOL.... I dont know.... This is a mighty nice place to me !!! Where in the hell am I going to find someone that knows this preamp like you know a PL.... Going to be tough aint it ???? Wonder if there is a Sherwood Forum !!! I cant believe Ive messed this thing up... I'll give it a few more days on here.... I believe someone will know... Or... know someone... One day I will have two stereo's.... One for TV and one for music....

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
If the electricity fails or the AC input cord is left unplugged for about 2 weeks, the memorized contents will be lost.
Should this happen, memorize them again.

Do you still have the remote control? Fresh batteries?

According to the back panel diagram at the start there is a CD input as well as an AUX...

Get the devil out of Dolby and DTS modes altogether and start over.

OKAY...why not just call Sherwood? Technical support is 1-800-962-3203, and you need to use the sherwoodusa.com site * in this case it was http://www.sherwoodusa.com/service/service_trouble.asp

kevin

Yes... still got remote.... and yep it works... The next thing I try will be rinning the CD player into the AUX..... Hell fire !!!! Why didn't I think of that ???? Thats the very reason that I picked the brains on here.... Thank you so much Orange... Now im goint to that web site and check it out !!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Why have one for music and one for TV?? Drag racing is pretty damn cool coming out of the K's...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Kevin, if all else fails, get the 10 year old next door to program it for ya. Works for me...

kevin

Kevin, if all else fails, get the 10 year old next door to program it for ya. Works for me...
LMFAO..... Thats so damn true Lee... You are so right !!! If it was a e-box I would be in business.. I've got a 11 year old. I just can't seem to get him intrestred in this stuff YET !!! I love my surround system.... But this damn preamp is so far over my head.. When ya want to just listen to a 2 channel system with the CD player ........ Well... Thats a whole different set up. Everytime I touch it it takes me forever to get it back where I had it for the surround ! Thats why I said one day Im going to get just a little simple PL preamp and have a system just for music ! Like a PL 700... A Onix Cd player... A PL preamp... And a pair of K's.... LOL... I'm half way there !!!

kevin

O yea... Thats my problem,,, It's this Sherwood p-965 ! It's only a preamp ! I've just got it all messed up !

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, well, well. I'll have to see If I can remedy that. Wish you'd have told me that earlier. There had been some nice pre's go through here.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Tell ya what kiddo. I have 2 PL 3000's left here. I was sending Jer 1, now I will send both. I'll include the new nitrogen filled relays that were a big problem with em. I'll see if I can talk Jer into doing that, shouldn't take long. I'll even pay shipping to get it to ya....Merry Christmas..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
They're just sitting around here gathering dust man, and have been for years. It'll be good to see them go to someoe who needs em...Should have told me a long time ago man.....maybe ya did and it went right by me...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Besides, a car salesman in WVA nowadays barely pays mortgage and grocery bills I imagine...

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Tell ya what kiddo. I have 2 PL 3000's left here. I was sending Jer 1, now I will send both. I'll include the new nitrogen filled relays that were a big problem with em. I'll see if I can talk Jer into doing that, shouldn't take long. I'll even pay shipping to get it to ya....Merry Christmas..
Cool Lee - that is a wonderful Christmas present. You've got a big heart.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Amen Nav, paying it forward Bud... And it's a lot easier to give when you are not scraping by, good time to be in the oil business....

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
The TRUE Spirit of Christmas...

Amen Nav, paying it forward Bud... And it's a lot easier to give when you are not scraping by, good time to be in the oil business....
I just read this whole thread trying to wrap my head around the trouble with the Sherwood...and the best Christmas present ever appears out of nowhere...Merry Christmas everyone, and thanks Lee for embodying the Christmas Spirit so well. You're a good guy in a world gone bad, it's damn refreshing and makes me proud to be part of this place.
Dave