pioneer sx1080 help...

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Very nice Jim. Ahh,, the finer things in life. Had a Tudor or so in stock but mostly Rolex at my old store. Well, not mine, I never owned a jewelry store, just sold at them and managed them for whatever company . My only Rolex was one almost exactly like this one. Sapphire. Sold it when I decided years ago it would be a great idea to go on a drug run. 40920189_1.jpg

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Well, I believed then and I still believe today that you actually get your money's worth and more when buying some things. A Rolex is definitely one of them.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
They usually exceed inflation rates, so you can buy and wear it, and then sell it off for more than you paid originally.

But with the new ones so hard to get, it has created a massive grey market, where “whales” buy up all the stock when it hits the dealers and they mark them up- significantly- for quick profits.

I was interested in a new Seadweller a few years ago. It was in stock and I tried it on. $10,400.00 at the time, which I wasn’t able to swing. Now that discontinued model is easily $15k just a few years later. (I saved ten grand and got myself a replica)

So I buy older ones and repair them. My mid-70’s Submariner is worth twice what I’ve invested into it, and I get to enjoy it, unlike some stock investment or commodity. BUT there are a lot of scammers out there so you really need to know what you’re buying.

There is a very rare Omega Seamaster 1000 on eBay right now for $10,000 with aftermarket parts on it…

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
That shows how far removed I have become from that market. I had no idea that was going on. I can see where that would be so. Yes, the replica watches can be very, very close to an original. Uncanny. That Sea Dweller is something serious. Omega makes a damn fine watch too. I like those. I never really cared for the President to be honest except for the fact that it was heavy as hell. All gold wears out you know the band and all "stretches". Always liked that oyster band on the stainless models myself. Tough as nails. Well, tougher. Selling mine is one of those regrets I have from those days.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
The stainless "stretches" as well. I've just never been a big yellow gold guy. I do like the look of rose gold, but that doesn't look good on my honkie skin. Rose gold an a green dial is the hot setup. I just cant wear it (or afford it!).

I had a couple of my bracelets restored by Michael Young in Hong Kong- the one for my Submariner and another (for another Submariner) that is a C&I brand USA made Rolex bracelet- folded links with "rivets" holding the links together. That's for my 5512 (Steve McQueen watch), as he had the same bracelet. Rolex was getting around import taxes by using some locally sourced pieces for their watches. They did the same in Mexico.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Honkie skin. Ha, you got me laughing with that one. I would have white soda cracker skin then. I like the Ren and Stimpy one Perry. I don't think I have any operational watches at all any more. Every since I started fooling around with tube amps I stopped wearing any metal on my hands. In fact I don't wear any jewelry at all. The advent of the smart phone had something to do with that too. I may well have to buy another nice one though. This conversation has piqued my interest once again. Here I go death scrolling Rolex and Replica's. Addiction, I got it in spades.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Honkie skin. Ha, you got me laughing with that one. I would have white soda cracker skin then. I like the Ren and Stimpy one Perry. I don't think I have any operational watches at all any more. Every since I started fooling around with tube amps I stopped wearing any metal on my hands. In fact I don't wear any jewelry at all. The advent of the smart phone had something to do with that too. I may well have to buy another nice one though. This conversation has piqued my interest once again. Here I go death scrolling Rolex and Replica's. Addiction, I got it in spades.

When my buddy Dave passed a couple years back, I got his Bulova Harley pocket watch which was well used. I sent it in to Bulova for a tune up and when it came back, it looks brand new. I don't wear or carry one either, my phone covers that and I don't get dressed up any more so the watch my wife gave me several years ago still languishes in my drawer unworn.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I was fixing to say this is a watch discussion thread you know. LOL ! And now you have experienced thread capping the Phoenix way ! Glad you like the light kit. I damn sure liked the one Joe sent me for my 400. Also, happy for you they did not drill holes in the caps to make sure they were not filled with coke or something.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
I was fixing to say this is a watch discussion thread you know. LOL ! And now you have experienced thread capping the Phoenix way ! Glad you like the light kit. I damn sure liked the one Joe sent me for my 400. Also, happy for you they did not drill holes in the caps to make sure they were not filled with coke or something.
i had to pay a bribe to let the drugs through....lol...it was just a one or two day holdup...they do that from time to time...
its always something here....people need to find problems for their job security....if they cant find/make/create/lie about problems...they would probably figure out that they are not needed....lol
thanks