Mark goes at it again... just bought a PL700/II!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Remember nothing is shared on the G1 so if your negative regulator is not working that is where the troubleshooting starts

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Remember nothing is shared on the G1 so if your negative regulator is not working that is where the troubleshooting starts
VR50 is a conductor, not a semiconductor!
I wonder what made it fail...

Will get on Mouser or DigiKey in the morning...

MarkWComer

Tagline
Had to do pull backplanes on a PL 400, (pico blew) I populated a transistor where it did not belong on the control board.
Great vid's
Thank you!

I think that fusing scheme has been changed in the rev. C backplanes from what I can see in the pictures.

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
Also on that PL 400 that I did, I had a probe slip and took out a zenor diode and a transistor.
Your vid's will help me do my Pl 700II. I already replaced the meters with White Oak meters , you gonna love Em...

MarkWComer

Tagline
We are not gonna be the only ones to show the world what not to do by doing it....
I’m still not 100% sure what I did, but pretty sure I hit the heat sink, not the transistor pin. The test point is so close to that sink that it’s easy to make that hit. I was told that I wasn’t the first to do this, so it must be a pretty common occurrence.

MarkWComer

Tagline
So... funny thing...
YouTube slaps a copyright bust on me for playing music in the background during my PL400 vids, but not for lifting the Three Stooges opening theme on these two latest uploads. I clipped from a couple Hollywood releases, too- but no bust from those, either.

Stupid, right?