Mark goes at it again... just bought a PL700/II!

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
So... funny thing...
YouTube slaps a copyright bust on me for playing music in the background during my PL400 vids, but not for lifting the Three Stooges opening theme on these two latest uploads. I clipped from a couple Hollywood releases, too- but no bust from those, either.

Stupid, right?
that's crazy, I have watched vid's of people playing music through amp's and other gear they were selling, not slapped with copyright crap.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
These are just kids at YouTube following instructions. Can you imagine a job where you watch videos all day that have some music content and you use an application to identify the copyrighted music, then flag the video file for a manager who then applies the admonition; all for $80K and stock options worth almost that much each year?
I don't know where the return on investment comes in, but in this crazy world, where 'clicks' are worth more than the equipment on the factory floor, it passes for a business model these days.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Just watched the latest vids Mark as always continued excellence in them [including what can happen accidentally], So another big "Thank You" for all your hard work and the time you put in to increase another electrophobics knowledge. Can't wait to see and hear when you turn it on and play that first piece of shellac with it.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
yes even though I can not work on this stuff I quite enjoy his videos that he did on his 400ii the 400 series 1 he did for some one and the ones he is doing now for his 700ii. I really hope he hooks this up to his CV VS 120s that he refoamed.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Just watched the latest vids Mark as always continued excellence in them [including what can happen accidentally], So another big "Thank You" for all your hard work and the time you put in to increase another electrophobics knowledge. Can't wait to see and hear when you turn it on and play that first piece of shellac with it.
A little self- critique on that:
I probably should have gone closer to show the boards and where I was taking the measurements. I have two cameras, so I’ll keep that in mind for bias, DC circuit check, and LED meter calibration.

Thanks, I’m glad someone’s making use of these, and I have a lot of fun doing them!

MarkWComer

Tagline
yes even though I can not work on this stuff I quite enjoy his videos that he did on his 400ii the 400 series 1 he did for some one and the ones he is doing now for his 700ii. I really hope he hooks this up to his CV VS 120s that he refoamed.
A little secret on those CV speakers: cheaply made...

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
A little secret on those CV speakers: cheaply made...
yeah they are not the best but I love the bottumend the midrange is hit miss on most along with the tweeters I love the tweeters on my re38s they use a polly cell hornloaded dome same as the at15/100 would like to get a pair of vs150/15 some day.

MarkWComer

Tagline
yeah they are not the best but I love the bottumend the midrange is hit miss on most along with the tweeters I love the tweeters on my re38s they use a polly cell hornloaded dome same as the at15/100 would like to get a pair of vs150/15 some day.
Made for college students with little money and the desire to shake the walls of the dorm. 4Ω systems, I use them with a Pioneer SX-780 when watching NetFlix in the living room.

Darlington outputs on that SX-780, so I have a 4Ω 50w resistor in series, paranoid about burning the outputs out.

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Made for college students with little money and the desire to shake the walls of the dorm. 4Ω systems, I use them with a Pioneer SX-780 when watching NetFlix in the living room.

Darlington outputs on that SX-780, so I have a 4Ω 50w resistor in series, paranoid about burning the outputs out.
when you are finished with the 700ii you might like this upgrade for your sx-780

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Pink just never seemed to be something I wanted on my speakers... I'll stick with my L150's, the pie pan Fishers, and the KLH 6's