Krell KSA-250

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Right now it's all talk (as I sit here on the couch surfing). I'll get to it when I get help with carrying the chassis down to the shop. Even though I have the left and right channel removed and in the shop, that chassis and HUGE torroid is still 100 lbs

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I used the downtime today to start work on reproducing the Slow-Start circuit board for this Krell KSA-250 Amp. It's a bear. Can't figure out why they used 4 pole relays when they only used 1 or 2 of the 4 circuits. If I can find the footprint for the 2 pole relay, I'll use that instead. Better check the board after I pull it out just in case it's lazy engineers not correcting the skizmo or something. I went through that with the Sansui amp boards. I had to do a point to point with the meter to make sure the skiz matched the board, it didn't. I haven't quite figured out how to take the footprint from Mouser and add it to my Library. It's a bitch measuring and placing individual plated through holes but if we get snowed in for another 3 days, I got nothin else to do so....

I'm going to beef up the components on the board to help withstand the heat. I'm also going to eliminate the 220V switches and wiring. I'm not using 220 anyway.