Krell KSA-250

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
If I knew I could get away with it, I'd eliminate the "Slow Start" as designed. Maybe I'll post the Schematic and see if anybody thinks it's feasible.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Rev D which is what I have. Got the AC in on the left side, and the circuitry to the 60LB Toroid Transformer on the Right and the L/R+ and L/R- Sense on the bottom left. The Remote isn't even there. I have the skizmo finished in CAD but would like to come up with something a little less "CRAZY". Any IDEAS???? The 700 Ohm resistors (R1/R2) get so hot they char the board and will destroy it without intervention. It was too late for mine.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Rev D which is what I have. Got the AC in on the left side, and the circuitry to the 60LB Toroid Transformer on the Right and the L/R+ and L/R- Sense on the bottom left. The Remote isn't even there. I have the skizmo finished in CAD but would like to come up with something a little less "CRAZY". Any IDEAS???? The 700 Ohm resistors (R1/R2) get so hot they char the board and will destroy it without intervention. It was too late for mine.
I don't want to give away any of my secrets to Krell :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I see the problem Perry, they need more relays :) Soft starts are complicated but not that complicated. They have a standby circuit it seems which is always alive.

I looked at it while I was putting it into cad and I just shook my head. It's a Rube Goldberg to slow everything down..... It's crap......

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The reason they didn't want to publish it to the guys is NOT because it was proprietary..... It was so they weren't embarrassed when anybody saw it.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
On my beast, I remoted (meaning connected via wires) a chassis mounted metal clad 50W Alco type resistor...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
That is just silly design Perry. The value of that series resistor ends up being 1.8 ohms which is a ridiculous value for a soft start resistor.