It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Today's amusing fun--74 updates, reverted after a looooong time and back to previous. Nope, I didn't do anything.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Usually when there is that many updates I manually select one half or one third of them and install them, reboot and come back for more.

orange

Tagline
I had to find the 7.6... version of the Windows Update Agent to do what I've done and it's still a mystery when it's working, can't update it manually...I think, have been trying to get it done.

Maybe the files are saved in cereal boxes.

orange

Tagline
Problems solved enough to at least download Windows Updates correctly, not all fixed on that yet, nor is the BITS according to Microsoft Fix-It. But we are making enough progress that I can get the Vista Gateway going.

orange

Tagline
I had to remove a couple updates I didn't recognize from my list of those to hide related to 10, the Get 10 icon appeared on Delia. I'm beginning to think ISIS is behind this.

Uggggh. Still there. Just ran GWX Control Panel (Stopper). Going to use it here as well.

orange

Tagline
Gone (for now).Got rid of the homegroup/networking as well. No reason to do/risk it at the moment.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Most of the updates I've been getting seem to be related to Remote Desktop Protocol, which I apparently need to disable on Delia.

orange

Tagline
Okay, that's all done. I can close her up.

orange

Tagline
I wasn't fully using XP until it had been out at least 5 years IIRC, Laz.

orange

Tagline
That Vista Gateway is going to be a pain....the SATA connections on the board are just wire posts (no connectors and bent up.

C: and the DVD drive are SATA IIRC.

orange

Tagline
I won my first 6 CDs in 1989, before I had a player, then I got a portable that was stolen the next day, Mom got me two Gemini-consoles the failed miserably in more ways than two, had her go back and get me a SONY receiver and CDP (the Sony was a two channel audio/video control center model and the CDP the CDP-191, both of which lasted me several years.

orange

Tagline
Delia WIDE screenshot.jpg Added the NVidia GeForce 9500 GT and one of my Creative sound cards to Delia but I have to visit the Creative site to get the card going.

For some reason the second SATA hard drive (PHOEBE!) is dropped again...was there before, not showing in BIOS. It's almost back though. Need to find the door now.

EDIT: Cable was loose, need to tape the connector to the drive, really need more SATA cables...

Audio card is one of the two Audigy 2 ZS...let's get that now.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Guess I'll uninstall the most current driver and try the older one. NO SOUND YET, settings aren't helping.

orange

Tagline
1. running with the onboard audio

2. I am really perplexed! The HP tells me I have no ACTIVE PARTITIONS, yet Windows 7 Pro is STILL THERE and I can't get it to install Home Premium, and I've tried to fix that.