It's getting late...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Ok, Sounds good. When I get a chance I'll send you some CR2032 button batteries so you can replace the bad ones in your computers.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The second hard drive is newly partitioned and formatted and healthy but it's almost done with a second check for errors just to be sure. Should check C too and make sure it can play DVDs so they can play movies and CDs and games, store pictures...

Have to install the DVD player stuff.

orange

Tagline
No, it's going to be the Gateway, for a small bit of needed money. They want an older computer for offline use.

Good grief, if I lose one then the others are sure to go on strike...I can't afford to give up the best stuff I have.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Welcome to 2003!

I have matching 2x 512MB DDR 333 MHz in this thing. Asked my brother in law if he could get me a 400 MHz 1GB Kingstron over there for $5, it would help SOMETHING.

Time to put the MPC's RAM back in...

orange

Tagline
As soon as I locate the other good SATA cable I had I should be about ready to fire Delia up and boot with the Windows disc to fix it, then I'm going to figure out where the multi-card reader I found in the empty case plugs in so Valerie and Delia will be cousins, identical cousins in every way....

orange

Tagline
Still not getting anywhere on Delia. I was under the impression I could FIX IT with the Windows DVD but I didn't see where I could do that without RE-INSTALLING IT, which isn't the answer I was looking for.

One of Valerie's drives must be the Linux Mint, as I had a prompt with an error related to the term 'grub'? at one point the other day?

When are they going to realize that people don't need a fancy label, they need 'cheaper tuna', if you recall the movie 'Mr. Mom".

We want Schooner Tuna. We are broke ass Poor Folks keeping up with the Jones. Not Luddites, Elmer Luddites and we have a wabbit and a duck fighting over whose season it is.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
You hva to jump through the hoops with the install let it instal la few files to your hard drive, then it gives you a choice to install windows or fix your current installation.

The fix option is at the bottom of the page. It will then open a dialog box where you can have the disc automatically fix your boot drive or you can go to a prompt and manually fix what you want.

Yes Grub is a boot loader for the linux install.

orange

Tagline
I got to that point ONCE and shut down, and I'll be damned if I can find the Twilight Zone again. IT'S NOT BLOODY OBVIOUS. I took every single card off the thing, that didn't help.

Maybe I should stop naming them after women.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
I'm still a bit Yahooed and vBolluxed for some reason today and for whatever reason Google thinks I'm not accepting COOKIES no matter what I try and I HAVE to click here because it never does redirect to Google. A lot of this may have to do with the last browser reset.

When crap freezes for several seconds, sometimes locks up so you have to power down hard with the power button the old WTF alarm bell goes off.

ANNOYING!

orange

Tagline
My cache must be getting reset every time I clear it to 250MB, which is disgusting. No wonder the sink clogs so fast. It's a bit silly and high but it's at 980MB now. Sheesh. I'm babysitting.

orange

Tagline
I finally called Centurylink and got an American this time and they said they could see it but he went ahead and reset my connection while he was on the line.

I finally figured out some of my problems...I had the proxy set to Spybot's and it had my localhost on 8080 and that wasn't super or fly and even after UNINSTALLING Spybot I finally had to go into the browser and remove that proxy thing and let it do it's own thing.

Spybot 2.4.40 may be a pain in the ass. I'm flying high again, like Ozzie. I have hardly seen anything to clean when I used Spybot anyhow.

orange

Tagline
I've almost wrapped this Gateway for my friend (on right now) and I was told a much newer HP and Gateway would be coming my way free next week from the computer shop. Whether that means I could finally try Windows 10 or not I don't know but I'm getting there...my brother in law said he emailed the preson with the 1GB 400MHZ DDR and got no response, that was over 2 weeks ago and the ad is still up so i gather they were too lazy to take it down or have no clue to use the email they got to do it and will just let it expire. Why do people do that?

orange

Tagline
Some of the stuff I can't use (like AMD K7 and some boards I won't be using, that server board) will go to the city transfer station for recycling with some other electronics going to repair/resell or recycle charity. I'm going to thin out for July and get some room in the shed.

orange

Tagline
Just received a Gateway with a Pentium dual core and 2 512 MB DDR2-5300U, WD 3200AA-JS SATA 320GB, portable media drive bay, multi card reader and DVD +/- R/W RAM/Labelflash burner. Oh yeah, RCA audio and video in on the front!

Then there's an HP Pavilion that has about the same deal except it has 7 and the board is like upside down almost like it was a convertible with the Ethernet, USB and dual video VGA AND DVI built-in but at the bottom with the slots in the middle and the PSU at the top.

orange

Tagline
Welcoming Alison to my computer family

Pentium G620 dual core 2.6 GHz
Windows 7
4GB PC3-10600U RAM
IE

New fresh computer and still having the same posting problems...SSDD

Yes, named after Ms. Moyet

Alf.jpg

orange

Tagline
I figured out the RAM didn't get seated right on the Gateway when I put it back in but then I got that phony not legit thing like in 7 and still haven't fixed the amnesia. WHEE. Would settle for 7 and the heck with it.