Gibsonian's Cherry Pl 700 Ser I, soon to be a PLWO-1000

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Any red-blooded American guy will get a woody over the next few pics. AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY , FOR SURE NO SUBSTITUTE FOR ANOTHER, like additional 270 WATTS PER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
We're gonna romp on it for awhile there Mr. Scott Gibsonian!! Eyeballs vibrating and shit, jesus!!!!! Shpongle remix is a good test, lots of extended LOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW BAAAAAASSSSSS SSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Scott, this is even quieter than when she showed up. I turned it on, waiting for the little hiss as I turned up the pre didn't heart anything , kept turning the knob, kept turning, pre was all the way up, (somewhere around 8 volts), and I could finally start to hear something if I got close to the horns.

Whoops , thermal cut outs work..... Fan time...................

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, wasn't a driver, I was sooooooo npoidy about this *&^%%$ I was running 3 amp fuses. Got em changed back to 5's....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Oh, BTW, the signal-to-noise ratio-Aweighted, IEC parameters, 10 hz to 30khz was 104DB, which is just short of miraculous....

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
That's quite an acheivement for s/n improvement over where she was when she entered your lair Lee. How is the sound on your K-horns? You have new BMS drivers in them now?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Scott it sounds awesome, as usual, the K's kinda like Cathy. I thought the rack handles were a nice touch. least i could do for keeping it two months to change a diode.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Scott, didn't have to swap out the drivers. Chris in Ft. Dodge is sending a grocery bag full of money next week so we can finally get one of the 50.00 K-horn cab dingus deal going.Looking forward to that project.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
In the third picture...What happened? The reading was so high the meter blew up or it was so loud that it brought on the second coming of Christ in a flash of light?

Nothing so cool as that, perfect alignment for the flash to wash everything out.

Nice to get pushed around by the music again!!

Jer, I'm shipping this in the cabbage case and I'll get Scottt to send it on to you, there will be a shipping label in it to send the 700B loaner home to Poppa. the Jani IS NOT happy about not having a WOPL 1000 in the house. So the loaner gets the WOPLization....

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Scott, didn't have to swap out the drivers. Chris in Ft. Dodge is sending a grocery bag full of money next week so we can finally get one of the 50.00 K-horn cab dingus deal going.Looking forward to that project.
I'm kinda looking forward to watching that thread myself !!!!!!!